Movies With Soundtracks That I Love
Friday, July 18, 2008 4:11 PM
Note: Not only do I love these soundtracks, but also the movies that accompany them. They are not mutually exclusive.
In no particular order:
1. American Graffiti (1973). This outstanding collection of oldie hits includes the DJ stylings of Wolfman Jack. Bonus!
2. Almost Famous
(2000). Cameron Crowe has a knack for integrating music into his movies. This is my favorite.
3. Saturday Night Fever (1977). Even if you hate disco, you gotta love it's place in pop culture. And the clothes.
4. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982). Tom Petty, The Go-Gos, Led Zeppelin, Oingo Boingo, The Cars...what's not to love?
5. The Graduate
(1967). Simon & Garfunkel tunes interwoven most interestingly into
this controversial (for it's time) film. Coo-coo-c'choo.
6. Magnolia (1999). Songs written and performed by the talented Aimee Mann. Mood-evoking, and hauntingly beautiful.
7. Pretty in Pink (1986). Great 80s compilation, featuring the title song by The Psychedelic Furs, and OMDs fabulous "If You Leave."
8. Dazed and Confused (1993). The 1970s answer to American Graffiti...without disco.
9. Goodfellas (1990). Best use of instrumental rock music in a montage ever.
10. Nashville (1975). Written and performed by the actors themselves. Now that's talent.
Check back next week for my all time favorite horror movies.