Some songs are better left alone. Ok, most songs. But sometimes the remakes rival or even surpass the original. Here are some faves, in no particular order:
1. The Boys of Summer. No offense, Don Henley, but The Ataris' version has way more energy. And their name is cool.
2. Can't Help Falling in Love. I'd never in my wildest dreams knock The King, but Ingrid Michaelson elevates this one to a new level.
3. Faith. Limp Bizkit takes George Michael's bubble gum pop song and turns it into mosh-pit fun. I love that.
4. Hurt. The gritty, regret-laden performance of Johnny Cash makes the Nine Inch Nails version sound kinda wimpy.
5. Knockin' On Heaven's Door. Guns 'n' Roses vs. Bob Dylan. Sorry, Bob. I just can't understand a word you're saying.