Profile Information

• My System
    Sunfire & Klipsch

Recent Profile Visitors

16595 profile views

jjptkd's Achievements

Klipsch Fanatic

Klipsch Fanatic (6/9)

1. Sorry about the bad luck, glad Greg was able to fix it. I've been curious about the 1.5t MK II- love that amp stock. Rumor has it Greg is working on a MK-II for Sunfire amps as well.
  2. That's a good question- I'm certain the "B" stands for black but have no idea about the SMA. Small to Medium Application?
  3. Right on, I've heard nothing but good things about that amp, glad it is working for you. I did some tube rolling in my Schiit Freya preamp which uses the 6NS7's and could hear pretty big differences between the tube sets. My Carver RAM 285 comes with all Tung-Sol tubes I believe KT-120's power tubes and 12ax7 & 12AT7 input tubes- I have not considered trying different input tubes but maybe I should?
  4. When I ran a sub with my CH2's I'd cross them over at 50hz strictly for music. Love the bass from the CH2 and didn't want to muddy them up or interfere with the speakers already abundant bass in the above 50hz region. Plus with the crossover set low on the sub I found it easier to blend so I couldn't hear where the bass notes were coming from- kind of annoying when the sub draws attention to itself while playing music IMO. Best thing to do is experiment and find what works best for you in your room as all it costs you is a little bit of time good luck!
  5. I was thoroughly impressed with mine for what it is, especially for the price. All my speakers are direct radiator with pro 15" woofers (k-48 variants) and the amp did seem to struggle a bit driving those which is really no surprise. I can see many situations where one would be perfectly happy with the PA5, hopefully yours is one of them.
  6. Thanks man its temporary until I cut in my vent system the amp doesn't really run hot I'm more concerned about the Pre-amp boxed in above it been contemplating an open air rack so I have some place for my computer as well that's not on top of my speakers. The amp is sweet best I've ever owned low level detail and bass is incredible with very nice appropriately sized soundstage depth. Seems to have the best qualities of SS and tube tech I'm very happy with it. Those are my 362's I picked up recently I pulled the woofers out for the 396 project I thought about stuffing the 396 parts into the 362 cabinets but I'd have to cut the cabinet to do that and they are almost new. Since the Chorus II cabinets were already set up as 2-way figured I'd give them another go and glad I did so far. Low level detail is not as good as the 335's or the forte IV's but still good and they sound really nice at normal levels.
  7. Dam good deal if you ask me can't believe you're selling these! Can I ask what you replaced them with? I'd wish you luck on the sale but don't think you need it at that price.
  8. Yeah mine are still a work in progress I need to recess the horn and repaint the baffle then I can throw the grill covers back on that would help clean things up quite a bit. Bass so far is very punchy and tight- the ST woofers are slightly different than the stock Chorus k48k, magnet is slightly smaller in diameter but a bit thicker. From what I've read slightly heavier as well, not sure how much that would effect the sound characteristics if at all. The Chief has said the ST is a suitable replacement in the Chorus models.
  9. I'm not sure if I belong in this club or not- I have all the correct parts for the KI-396 II's they're just stuffed into Chorus II cabinets.
  10. You've had the RF-7 III's? I've had the originals and the twos just curious about the threes.
  11. What are you using to power your 396's? I'm considering putting mine back together to try them out with my new Carver 285 amplifier thinking it may open them up a bit over the 275 I was running before. The 396's were probably the hardest Klipsch speakers I've owned to drive my little Carver VTA-20 was not up to task at all and it ran my Chorus II's fairly well.
  12. It would be nice if @Paducah Home Theater could re-do this versus video as there is clearly something wrong with the bass output on the RF-7 III's- possibly wired out of phase? Everything I have read or heard about the 7's indicate they should smash the forte's in the bass department if nothing else, which is clearly not properly represented in their video.
  13. Bump to the top reasonable offers will be considered these woofers are top quality if I wanted to go active I would not be selling them.
  14. I'm going to bump this up to the top someone out there needs a F-II passive this one is in good shape open to reasonable offers just need it gone thanks.