• 9 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. SRPP Preamplifier

• 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• From mesurements it looks worse then Aiyima. Maybe it's matter of La Scalas higher efficiency.
    • As I would need four of them so Benchmark is way out of my budget range. I was looking on Topping RA3 for a moment but then looks like they have huge failing rate.   PA5 II looks promising, and they fixed with it issue which was in RA3.
    • I'm somewhat new to this, for the second time, myself but my take and suggestion would be that your AVR is good enough(and better than mine!) for your speakers. I'd say upgrade your center channel to at least the Rp-450c or Rp-504c.  Look at Amazon for authorized vendors, currently good pricing, and the ability to return painlessly if you don't like one of them. The next thing I'd look at is your Sub since your sub specs only go down to 29hz +/- 3db and Low Frequency Effects in movies go 10-15hz below that.  Sorry no recommendations for a sub.
    • What is the best way to replace the crossover network in a Klipsch RP-8060FA loudspeaker?  
    • I have the bathys and love them. The noise canceling works amazing I flew to Nashville and back to Cali last week and rocked out on the bathys both ways and only heard the plane when we landed. Those Focal cans sound wonderful.
    • Quiet amps (those with a very low noise floor) reign supreme with high efficiency horn speakers. Just because an amp is  horn quiet doesn’t mean it’s a good listen. Unless there is an opportunity to A-B a particular amplifier one might assume a quiet amp, most any Class D,  is truly a good sounding amp. I owned Hypex nc400 monoblocks and Benchmark ABH2 at the same time. Both being dead silent. There was no question (through my ears) the Benchmark was a much cleaner sounding amp, I believe the audiophile term is transparent. If you want a quiet, “transparent “ amp think Benchmark. Granted they are several times the price of many of  the above mentioned brands but hey, we’re talkin’ quiet amps, not amps based on price. I also have several tube amps that are silent through big ol’ horns. 
    • New to channel but need help with my RSW as well. I think the copper coil things are bad and keep popping fuses. I was helping a buddy out and normally I can fix these types of things. He runs his stuff hard so something is bad and looks like the board is showing problems there. Unfortunately there’s not much out there so I’m hoping I can get the P/N’s or alternatives to fix it.    BTW, the company I work for stocks and sell all kinds of board level components and deals with hard to find stuff as well as everyday items so I have great resources if somebody needs anything. 😃   I can’t PM you but is there anyway you can send the file to me? DeeJayVin@aol.com   thanks in advance    I have a Klipsch soundbar with sub that’s been getting worse. The sub itself makes a constant rumble once powered on. I tried unpairing, resetting different outlets and power cords with no avail. I’ll post that soon with model numbers 
    • Was gonna ask if she had a dog.    
    • 😂💪         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPP1xkgjnA8