Solid State

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

208 topics in this forum

1. McCormack huh?

• 5 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 102 replies
    • 28k views
    • 5 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 8 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 36 replies
    • 168.9k views
  2. First Watt

• 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 55 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 86.2k views
    • 4 replies
  3. Monoprice Monolith with RF7ii ?

• 2 replies
    • 9 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Cheers for the replies. I took the driver and the attached horn out and played the music without, and the distortion was gone, so its definitely the mid driver. The horn is tight on the driver so that can be eliminated I think?   I bought these used from a dealer about a year ago. The driver is dated 2017. Is the guarantee transferrable I wonder? I'll investigate now.
    • Ya have to start somewhere but on the up side she'll be listening too.  Oh she'll smile alright.  They're sneaky like that yanno!  PLENTY of info here to help you out.  Have fun but most of all ENJOY!  Welcome to the forum!   :)
    • After I sent this one back I ended up with a pair of ULS-15 II subs from HSU. They worked great with my Cornwalls and now I'm dialing them in with the la scalas.   Shakey    
    • I recently acquired a pair of Heresy II's. They are in rough shape. Only one speaker has a label. They look like the Wicked Witch of the West, but sound like Christy Brinkley. Can someone decipher the label ? I am fairly new to all of this (plug and play guy) . My wife says I'm having to much fun wasting money. 
    • Klipsch Héritage are garanty five years in Europe/UK : contact your dealer
    • I have a large 15” HSU Sub I have used for over 5 years with my Forte 1s and now with my Forte IVs and it is a great sub. Blends perfectly with all my Fortes and has very deep powerful bass if it exists in a recording. I know many people don’t like integrating subs into their two channel setups but the bottom octaves the HSU Sub adds to the Fortes makes their mid bass much more pleasing to my ears. I feel it takes a great sounding speaker system to a much higher level of enjoyment.   thumbs up to HSU!
    • Muckymuck hobnobing can be rewarding in and of itself. And she is a winner in your eyes. Win-win for all — 🏆🥇
    • Please contact me regarding shipping arrangements, if you have 2 available.  6782298421
    • I prefer simple circuit topologies or topologies that satisfy the requirement, but no more than that. I know that sounds odd, but a lot of times, circuits are more complicated than they need to be. For a PP 2A3 I would go with a simple circuit such as a 6SL7 input coupled to a low gain triode "long-tailed" phase splitter coupled to the 2A3's.    After tweaks and fine tuning, you can add a CCS to the long-tailed pair if you want to balance the drive signal (if needed or desired).