The Klipsch Audio Community

Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

19 topics in this forum

• 13 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 16 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 99 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 26 replies
  1. New trustees

• 4 replies
  2. New Officers

• 3 replies
    • 6 replies
  3. Klipsch Museum of Audio History in the news

• 0 replies
  4. Forte IIIs

• 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 35 replies
  • Recent Posts

• I think forum member @Coytee lives in Tennessee ... perhaps he can help?       sorry, slow morning.
    • Tennesse Tuxedo tells me everything that i need to know ... and he has access to a Professor.  
    • Not me.  But, then people around here can hear the difference between every brand of cable, so i expect you’ll get a different answer.  Pure caffeine is bitter; but, i doubt there’s enough to be noticeable.  I read of some study by this doctor that did a taste test with colas ... only 10% could tell a difference (or so they say). Sincerely,  The Neighborhood Sceptic
    • Toccata and Fugue in F major, BWV 540   This week's selection is a composition that deserves particular emphasis within the classical organ repertoire.  While this performance is neither the best or the worst that I've heard, it is certainly a competent one, and most importantly for this audience: it actually sounds extremely good (i.e., at 83 dB at the listening position).    I auditioned perhaps a dozen different YouTube performances that had many great interpretations and performances, but in all cases, the recording quality was horrible by today's standards.  The great preludes and fugues bring into focus the limitations of the recording state of the art over my lifetime, and I can say without hesitation that many earlier recordings before the age of good digital recordings have been some of the worst that I've heard--where the recording engineer is gain-riding the volume during the performance and there is extreme levels of modulation distortion (IMD) that mar the highest frequency pipe ranks, thus leading to double-digit levels of "mud" being pushed at the listener over a sustained length of time.  But this recording is different.  It doesn't distort or incorporate high levels of IMD and maintains its clarity throughout.  I hope you will begin to see the potential of this composition as it would be experienced in real life-standing near the performer as it is played.  (Perhaps more discussion on the subject of organ recordings pushing the state of the art in recording technology will be forthcoming based on these observations.)   Additionally you get another treat: you get to hear the fugue, something that is typically omitted from most recordings.  Remember that Bach was the master of counterpoint, and it is the fugue that presents this musical structure to the listener.  Listen in particular to the independence of the voices to each other--not just harmonies and walking pedal lines that are so often heard today.  Also remember the time when this composition was written (early 1700s).  This is incredible in light of the state of the instruments (no electricity, for instance) and music development of the day, and brings into focus some of the genius that makes J.S. Bach the frequently performed composer that has survived over 300 years.    While the performance here is less than dramatic--and is in fact extremely conservative--just remember that this is apparently a masters recital on a tracker-type organ, not a big-name recording artist's performance in a huge cathedral.  The organist gives a very solid presentation, and the camera work also adds to his performance by showing the listener the pedal work in addition to manuals.    Chris
    • nah ... we’re both part of Raider Nation from way back in the day.  I was born in the shadow of that coliseum. I’ve only been a Raider and a Laker. Switched baseball from the A’s to the Giants about 30 years ago.  I’ll do my kissing up in the hot sauce thread.
    • That's a question I wanted to ask, can anyone taste the difference with decafe ? Just wondering, tried some a while back and could not tell.
    • Please what's results I can receive for knowing this crossover frequency is the best for my system... 
    • Well there's still this guy.  
    • Looks good, they did a great job of painting, only pair in the world like that.    Had a car painted that color, a very long time ago, they called it Corvette Blue metallic back then. 
    • I find a couple of different amps within about a 3 hours from me on cl, I'm sure either would be a great fit, there is this Adcom for 550.00 (This ADCOM GFA-555 is a rare classic. You will not find many of these for sale since the lucky people who own them, keep them! The design and power is second to none. At 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms, this baby will light up any quality speakers. This is the original Nelson Pass design. It's a HIGH CURRENT two channel amp. Adcom named it their “Great F-ing Amplifier” for a reason. The awesome sound stage and clean audio with super low THD, will blow you away. It will hold its own) and this Carver Carver M 1.5T Amplifier rated 350 W/Ch RMS@8 Ohm & 700 W/Ch Dynamic He - $700 -This is THE Carver amplifier everyone who knows desires and and is always hunting for. Pair it up with the notable Carver C1 preamp and you’ll never want / need to upgrade ever again. Because there is nowhere to upgrade unless you want to buy some Mcintosh $50,000 setup. This amp was the direct result of the famous Carver challenge where he used one of his amps and copied a Mark Levinson amp sonically so that even the trained audiophiles at Stereophile magazine couldn’t identify which was which by listening to it. Carvers made some amazing pieces of audio gear over the past 40 years like his 7” cube amps that run 200x2 or 500 x 1 and only weigh 14lbs, or his 11” square sealed True Subwoofer pushing 2700 wpc rms and some of the old Phase Linear gear but this is his best work and one of the best sounding amplifier he ever designed. This is the 2 Channel amplifier made by Carver that everyone wants. Just look on eBay at all the people offering modification, updates, etc for this amp. But, if you are hunting the M-1.5t then you probably already know all of the above and are wondering if you finally found it. Don’t let someone grab it while you are pinching yourself to make sure it’s not a dream. 🙂   I think either would be fantastic!