The Klipsch Audio Community

Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

19 topics in this forum

• 41 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 15 replies
    • 99 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 16 replies
  1. Forte IIIs

• 0 replies
  2. Klipsch Museum of Audio History in the news

• 0 replies
  3. New trustees

• 4 replies
  4. New Officers

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Looks good, they did a great job of painting, only pair in the world like that.    Had a car painted that color, a very long time ago, they called it Corvette Blue metallic back then. 
    • I find a couple of different amps within about a 3 hours from me on cl, I'm sure either would be a great fit, there is this Adcom for 550.00 (This ADCOM GFA-555 is a rare classic. You will not find many of these for sale since the lucky people who own them, keep them! The design and power is second to none. At 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms, this baby will light up any quality speakers. This is the original Nelson Pass design. It's a HIGH CURRENT two channel amp. Adcom named it their “Great F-ing Amplifier” for a reason. The awesome sound stage and clean audio with super low THD, will blow you away. It will hold its own) and this Carver Carver M 1.5T Amplifier rated 350 W/Ch RMS@8 Ohm & 700 W/Ch Dynamic He - $700 -This is THE Carver amplifier everyone who knows desires and and is always hunting for. Pair it up with the notable Carver C1 preamp and you’ll never want / need to upgrade ever again. Because there is nowhere to upgrade unless you want to buy some Mcintosh $50,000 setup. This amp was the direct result of the famous Carver challenge where he used one of his amps and copied a Mark Levinson amp sonically so that even the trained audiophiles at Stereophile magazine couldn’t identify which was which by listening to it. Carvers made some amazing pieces of audio gear over the past 40 years like his 7” cube amps that run 200x2 or 500 x 1 and only weigh 14lbs, or his 11” square sealed True Subwoofer pushing 2700 wpc rms and some of the old Phase Linear gear but this is his best work and one of the best sounding amplifier he ever designed. This is the 2 Channel amplifier made by Carver that everyone wants. Just look on eBay at all the people offering modification, updates, etc for this amp. But, if you are hunting the M-1.5t then you probably already know all of the above and are wondering if you finally found it. Don’t let someone grab it while you are pinching yourself to make sure it’s not a dream. 🙂   I think either would be fantastic! 
    • === I’m really an orange guy. Orange Hellcat, now orange Wrangler and the famous ( although I had nothing to do with the build) gray/orange horned Frankenstein’s. Just looking through many vinyl samples and this particular blue grabbed my attention. It is an architectural vinyl with a very, very subtle texture that plays with light reflections, manufactured by Vivid. Upon close inspection there is a bit of flake in the color too. There is a similar textured vinyl in a Army type green that was my initial choice. That may be next — - Coytee mentioned lighting them similar to under carriage lighting on cars/bikes. Depending which lights I have on/off, at the right angle you would swear they are back lit. I even mentioned that yesterday after setting them up —
    • Fun afternoon in Annapolis MD yesterday. Navy bulldozing ENC   https://photos.app.goo.gl/5WDajTtJ9HhE3XD9A      
    • boom3 wrote: So, yeah the rest of the exponential horns are being slowly obsoleted, but the proportions of the Klipschorn seem to restrict that system to the K-401 for the foreseeable future.   Dave Harris' Eliptrac 400 horns fit nicely in my Klipschorns. K400 upgrade? Check. Tractrix expansion. Check. 2" driver throat. Check.   Lee
    • Get a flange adapter and use a k55
    • Okay. Yea that means cutting into the Cornscalas. GLWTS. Thanks for measuring them. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    • The flange measures 23 1/2 x 10 x 14 deep to the driver mounting flange