Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

518 topics in this forum

• 16 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
  1. KLIPSCHORN RESTORATION

• 3 replies
  2. HIP serial numbers

• 3 replies
  3. Klipsch speakers?

• 10 replies
  4. Klipsch Heresy

• 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. Chorus II

• 6 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
  6. Type C network

• 4 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
  • Recent Posts

• https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Korner's_Blues_Incorporated
    • I was away in the mountains, just found out.  Bummer.  I believe that leaves Jaimo as the last... The Allman Brothers were one of my favorite bands in the 70's. Don't take your family and friends for granted, it's all too fleeting. RIP Richard.
    • have you ever tried to wrestle a jubilee into form with a xilica dsp?
    • As we all know, the Cinema 600 has its issues. As long as your soundbar is still under warranty Klipsch is required to provide a warranty replacement. I would open a case with Klipsch product Support.   Klipsch may have some suggestions how to resolve your issue and if their recommendations don't help they should provide a/another replacement.   Have you reviewed the Cinema 600 support articles?
    • No, it was the Curcio board. It was ok, but I wanted to try the Tubes4HiFi board, even if the layout isn't the best. I had also replaced the power tranny, as I thought the original got pretty hot, but that may just be TVA's power grid running at 125V. I do still have one of the large adjustable theater variacs that I could use to bring the voltage down a little, but it's a bit ugly. Not that anyone would notice in the listening room. It has that studio/lounge/garage look, especially now.
    • What is your reason for wanting to use one?
    • Years ago, I lived in Hope, AR and my father was a construction contractor.  He once did a remodel for Bob Moers, the president of Klipsch.  In the corners, where the Khorns were to be placed, he built a solid 3-4 feet of 2x4s out from the corner for bass reflection.  Kind of like your idea, but taken to the max.  Not sure how this would play out in terms of transmission THROUGH the lumber to other parts of the house, but I imagine it helped as far as getting the most bass extension from the folded horn. 
    • I edited my post above and changed out the image.   I had the wrong transformer model on there.   Mike, it is the stock Klipsch K-691. XO is DBX Venu360 10" B&C in a custom box ported about 70 Hz https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/10-0/8/10nw76-8   Subs are lab 12s in sealed box  
    • I have the cinema 600 bought the board and did the swap. It powered right up which was great, BUT the sub now won't power down when the sound bar is turned off. ????
    • In the first post, there's a link to a thread showing photos.