The Klipsch Audio Community

Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

270 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 9 replies
  1. K-33-M Woofer

• 6 replies
  2. cornwall date and type

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 12 replies
  3. Runt La Scala

• 11 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 25 replies
  4. Date of manufacture

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 20 replies
  5. Live vs Playback

• 4 replies
    • 5 replies
  • Recent Posts

• The middle of the room is likely not the best place for the sub. Corner placement is recommended for a reason but you can always experiment.
    • Permanent immunity is likely not going to be the case. This is a corona virus which in an existing variation causes a common form of a ‘cold’. That form of the virus does results in a short term immunity, not permanent immunity. This is why we get colds again and again and also why there’s no vaccine against the common cold. Insofar as covid19 they remain uncertain as to the length of immunity survivors achieve and there have been reports of 2nd infections. This also impacts the ability to derive a vaccine for covid.    IMHO less people dying is better than ‘more’ people dying. Not sure ‘where’ you’re headed with this but you’re rooting around in some really murky ethical issues - it would seem. 
    • Dave A should be able to tell you a good starting point for the setup with a electronic crossover. I think he used them with his Klipsch horn bass cabs and so on Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • I would think the t18 would be a bit small, and the measurements are corner loaded, so in the middle of the room it might be a bit underwhelming, the t45 has a footprint that might work well as a coffee table 24x45xvariable.  Your build came out exceptional, hopefully you can find a placement that works!
    • Nice deal. Would be a Very long drive for me Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Well, first....we both know that's not true.  Second, I'm married....  and that is the first thing she'd want to do with those, is paint them.   Windashine.....  how are they built?  (I'm asking just to ask, I couldn't use them)
    • This guy posts an ad that is well below market value all over the midwest and jerks all whom may be interested around endlessly.  Likely a lonely incel.  In fact he just texted me for the 8th time.  
    • Yup. Go with a raspberry pi model 4.. they've improved the usb circuits in this latest iteration and it no longer shares the LAN port. Or an older version Pi with a coax output HAT.
    • I think it's a very likely those that get it and get over it will, for the most  have immunity to this specific virus. That's kinda  the way our body works.That's why they recovered, their body mounted a successful defense. I'm not a Dr, just an opinion, LIKE EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN for months from the  "pro's".
    • Are you only interested in streaming or do you include other digital sources; ripped CD, USB digital file management, Bluetooth etc. If digital source management in general, then you will need to decide if you want multiple “boxes” or consolidated sources to one “box”. And then, do you want to do DIY such as a Raspberry Pi or a commercial product such as Bluesound Vault.  Good luck! Once you’ve opened the Pandora box of digital sources... it can be a rabbit hole.