• 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  • Recent Posts

• I'm selling them for $985. Would prefer local pickup in Southern California, but can ship. I don't know much extra shipping would be, but they are large and heavy.  
    • I am more than likely wrong, but does it have something to do with impedance swings and the amount of power it takes to keep everything under control?
    • How does your Marantz and Aiyima compare to the ACA and Fisher?
    • Klipsch speakers are known for high efficiency. One measly watt of input should be plenty loud for most anyone. Some of us swear by low powered SET or Class A SS amps while others feel they need at least 100 watts if not a couple of hundred. Not being an audio engineer, I don't understand what additional watts can do other than increasing SPL to ear damaging levels, and I would like to learn.   Part of my reason for asking is that I've started using my old Fisher x-101-b (28 wpc) instead of my 8 wpc ACA, and I've noticed some significant differences. Is it just the additional output power, or is it the fact that one is tube and the other SS? Or, is it a combination? Or, is it something else all together?   Educate me, please!
    • In the past I have owned every Heritage model and enjoyed them all.  Years ago I started a long journey learning, building and experimenting with OB speakers.  I too doubt I will go back to box speakers for my main listening room. I do use box subs for the lowest end, but my 3 front speakers are a DIY project with Heil AMT's and dual 18 inch woofers housed in an H frame.  Overall, very inexpensive to make and enjoy.  Biggest expense for me was the active crossover and amps.    If you are at all interested, I highly recommend you take the journey and learn about OB speakers and build your own.  Yes, there are many manufacturers of OB speakers, but you will pay for the better options.  Pure audio project has some great, high end, options for the top end.     There are limits to how you can use OB speakers relative to room size since they must be away from rear walls.  Picking drivers for a project is not difficult and you can spend as much as you want in that area.  Have fun and enjoy the journey.  If you are interested in my experience, you can search my old posts during those builds. Plenty of pictures there.     I still use and enjoy my KPT-942's in my large barn.  OB would not likely work well in that application.    In the picture below, you can see two of the full size Marty subs in the corners.  I only use the subs for movies.  For my 2 channel listening evenings, only the two mains operate.  Bass is not at all missing, contrary to popular belief.  Of course, you need a lot of room to house dual 18 inch drivers in each main speaker.....they are rather large.  If you are interested in the build of the double stacked Heil AMT's, there is a very long thread with some really good commentary from some extremely knowledgeable guys from the 'old' gang on this forum. If you have never heard a Heil AMT, you owe it to yourself to find a set and listen....   If you wish to learn about OB speakers, there are many great resources on line. I highly recommend a deep dive into the Linkwitz Lab documentation.... Enjoy!  
    • Yes when AS came into existence. 😉   Before Novak and later Thiele and Small knowing a box could be used as resonator didn't automatically mean good sound.   Open baffle/panel speakers have existed for a very long time, probably all the way back to 1924? and the first moving coil loudspeaker.
    • Is Mr Helmholzs work discredited ???
    • That's the ticket...one way transparent cardboard..why didn't I think of that, I'd be rich.