Klipsch Pilgrimage 2017

Talk all about the 2017 Klipsch Pilgrimage to Hope, AR., which is already shaping up to be one for the record books.

31 topics in this forum

• 402 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 57 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 101 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 193 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 434 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 60 replies
    • 75 replies
  1. Auction

• 5 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Amazed

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recent Posts

• There are basically two beans, Arabica and Robusto.     Robusto have 2x the caffeine of Arabica.   Most gourmet coffees are Arabica.  Most grocery store brand coffees are Robusto.  A dark roast Robusto will still have 2x the caffeine of a light roast Arabica.   If you are compairing caffeine by roast from the same beans, Lighter roasted coffee will have more by volume, dark roasted coffee has more caffeine by weight. (Roasting does not cook out caffeine, what happens is the longer you roast the more the bean shrinks and the mass is reduced.   Pretty much everyone on the planet makes coffee by measuring coffee, so it is generally true that darker roasts will have less caffeine than lighter roasts if they are from the same bean.   If you want great flavor and max caffeine you have.to hunt down and find good tasting dark roast made.from Robusto beans.  
    • I remember when the above was FAST!  I started on BITNET before the WWW existed and when CompuServe came along thought it was a dream come true. Dave
    • Yes.  Lot's of choice and prices on the web for green beans and given this method is hands off easy, little point in having to make a trip. Plus, these things are great as portable convection ovens and with temps as low as 140 degrees as food warmers or dryers for various things.  I don't care for one trick ponies.  I like machines that are versatile.     Dave
    • And that's why I keep the remote out of her hands. Our family room would most likely explode if she turned up the 400 wpc nCore monoblocks. She does like her Led Zeppelin, LOUD.    Mark    
    •   Very true. And Jubes are large room filling with plenty of perceived bass and still well balanced. But Cincy's version of "not that loud" might not match that of his lovely significant other. Trying to show the merits of Jubes and ultra  low powered SE tubes just didn't cut the cake with the Mrs. Cincy. The 2a3's ran out of poop as she kept asking for louder, louder. I finally had to tap out. If only I had the the nCores or now the Wyred mAmps I believe I would have earned the above mentioned merit badge. Lady likes it Loud ----
    • Just as a follow up I bought a little Riot Blockchain Inc. rather than a pure play.  Ticker symbol RIOT.  So far so good. 
    • @Mallette where do you get the raw beans?    There are three roasters in Austin where you can pick up fresh roasted.  Would you say it is worth effort if you had an easy source for fresh roasted?    
    • I'm using Khorns and don't listen that loud. Typically in the 85 to 90 range. One very nice thing about large Klipsch speakers is they sound very detailed and balanced at low listening levels.    Mark