Technical/Restorations

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

24285 topics in this forum

1. Amps For Cornwall 2's

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Klipsch Cornwall age

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  3. post regarding Khorn modes

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. Wireless speaker kits

• 0 replies
  5. Sub-12

• 2 replies
  6. Oppo BDP-93

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  7. Klipsch SF-1's or SF-8.5's

• 2 replies
  8. specifications on ic-650

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
  9. Clicking after use

• 1 reply
  10. Chorus with Khorns

• 5 replies
  11. Green internal wire

• 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• jc-   Don't be amazed, the chassis tops are reproductions sourced from Korea.  The quality is excellent.  The bottom sections were reworked at a local metal refinisher I use.  Does enamels, powder coat, anodize, acrylics.   And the Korean supplier does make a chrome on stainless chassis top section for the MC225.  They have a large collection of top sections reproductions.  They've been making them for some time.   Fair amount of work goes into the restoration.  Most of the hardware is replaced which it should be it's over 60 years old!    Good to see the amps in use!  Interesting song selection.   jw     
    • Yes, boring but, will send newbies here for demo...lol.
    • Was that the Audio by Van Alstine board that you first put in?
    • Yes John, been there for a bit now. Second pair in the area since first of year... nice though from what can tell.
    • Ok, I'm drooling.  Came up with this wild idea of boycotting Kroger so have been diving into the stockpile.  About time to rotate things but also getting ready for a massive wallet rape maybe this week but could make it a couple more.   Started thinking all ya really need is a baked tater w/sour cream and butter.  Factored in a cob salad w/goodies once a day.  So that runs about 84$ a week and it's good stuff not junk.  I hit Kroger I buy more garbage than I should anc drop more than the 84 a week AND have to put it together.  Bacon, chopped egg, cheese, lettuce ya wind up chopping?  It aint rocket science but when ya involve the nickel & dime stuff along w/the all the other garbage I wind up buying?  Blah.  It's good for me and I'm dropping weight which is also good.  Won't be long and I'll be right back in Kroger playin the game though.  Life's boring like that.  lol   Gonna soooo beat that darn grasshopper!  Just hope things are ok on his end.  Crazy!  
    • Oldies but Goodies! Played one of these at the youtube thread the other week then saw:   "Intervention worked for months with Universal's archive team, scouring the vaults in the US and UK for the best-sounding tapes. Several sets of tapes, including 1970s-era tape copies, were sent to mastering and evaluated by IR's Shane Buettner and Chris Bellman. The best-sounding tapes are 1/2" safety copies from the 1990s A&M Safety Program. The Wind of Change and Frampton safeties are sourced from UK Production Masters, while the Frampton's Camel safety is sourced from the Original Stereo Master. These tapes sound sensational, vibrant, detailed and alive. Combined with Chris Bellman's work at the board, and the superbly transparent mastering chain at Bernie Grundman Mastering, legions of fans will hear what Peter and the band really put on tape during this seminal period. Fans will hear bottom-end authority, dynamics and textural details never revealed on any previous edition."   $ not $$ Thick, scalloped, deep cases not paper sleeves       
    • Mine's collecting dust lately @Invidiosulus not like those.    Made some meat sauce & fettuccini yesterday, like everything else it hurt. Today with leftover coffee-milk from lunch it was yummy and the comfort food it should be!   Nice to have a table again, nevermind the canvas tarp, it's still clean & I like it better than flowers!! The camo one is too used to use it for this.  
    • If I hadn't driven to Music City the day of the E-Klipsch to pick up some pro speakers I'd have pm'd you over these beauties!!   GLWYS they look super clean!
    • Not mine at all LOL    https://www.ebay.com/itm/156179033695?itmmeta=01HW8QSKN0FK4XWMCKKX7RWSQQ&hash=item245cfeee5f:g:L3kAAOSwAg5mJxW0&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4DugYeq41iWRROH%2BIEgDNHUqfG6%2Fw%2BUkLgrAEIi1xFxTH%2BI8MfML4mg3uUAjlT31mJhBnOcUdeW8lf5tXp%2BA5lgN9s0Z4VI0NUZ4V6hyqVobIX2fhAJHlvBtSgUd77WaJwyRxe21dyQX51VI%2FxdymYO42Tw4bkMWYZgLEyQrYbF5HcHhu%2BEY4yT%2FNzhX9VEynWEzlHxziR0b3NdL2YqLy0Ik5RXx9%2B4Qb%2FlSqzWpQfyRA88rSkHKgWxyn7LJdTSnqqCsIt69d9THOvmJUMO6k9O3l3Hs0E7wYeUOaWYpXE3S|tkp%3ABk9SR9C65pfiYw
    • No Affiliation   Marketplace - Klipsch Forte II Speakers | Facebook