Technical/Restorations

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

24285 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 42 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 26 replies
  1. Speaker system

• 9 replies
  2. POP?

• 1 reply
  3. Seperate power sources?

• 4 replies
  4. K22 Thiele/Small Parameters 1 2

• 28 replies
    • 7.6k views
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. All brands the same?

• 0 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 3 replies
  6. Bad Imput Port?

• 1 reply
    • 31 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. Heresy's to 4ohm

• 1 reply
  8. K-Horn project 1 2

• 34 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. more biwire....

• 19 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 16 replies
  • Recent Posts

• No, it was the Curcio board. It was ok, but I wanted to try the Tubes4HiFi board, even if the layout isn't the best. I had also replaced the power tranny, as I thought the original got pretty hot, but that may just be TVA's power grid running at 125V. I do still have one of the large adjustable theater variacs that I could use to bring the voltage down a little, but it's a bit ugly. Not that anyone would notice in the listening room. It has that studio/lounge/garage look, especially now.
    • What is your reason for wanting to use one?
    • Years ago, I lived in Hope, AR and my father was a construction contractor.  He once did a remodel for Bob Moers, the president of Klipsch.  In the corners, where the Khorns were to be placed, he built a solid 3-4 feet of 2x4s out from the corner for bass reflection.  Kind of like your idea, but taken to the max.  Not sure how this would play out in terms of transmission THROUGH the lumber to other parts of the house, but I imagine it helped as far as getting the most bass extension from the folded horn. 
    • I edited my post above and changed out the image.   I had the wrong transformer model on there.   Mike, it is the stock Klipsch K-691. XO is DBX Venu360 10" B&C in a custom box ported about 70 Hz https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/10-0/8/10nw76-8   Subs are lab 12s in sealed box  
    • In the first post, there's a link to a thread showing photos.  
    • Those are in fabuluos shape.  Some of the nicest that I have seen.  If I was within realistic driving distance I'd make an offer.
    • A zobel circuit is more for use in a subwoofer environment not a woofer.  It most likely wont make any positive difference at all.  
    • JC… I really like the small speaker system with the K510…!!!   What driver are you using on the K510..?
    • I agree with JC and highly recommend the Jensen ISO-MAX units and use them in my systems.     FYI …. Jensen recommends the use of their PI (Input Transformer designs) whenever you have the option over their PO (Output Transformer designs). The Pl-2XX with input type transforms will give better performance than the PO-2XX unless you absolutely need to run an output transformer type.   Some info for anyone interested…        
    • You already know your room setup is not the ideal situation you see posted everywhere.  It may be difficult to get an educated recommendation. You may want to find a dealer(s) who has a liberal cheap/free return policy and buy the 600m ii's and the 502's.  Try both and return the losers.