Technical/Restorations

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

24285 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. negative voltage

• 14 replies
  2. bucking magnets

• 2 replies
    • 12 replies
  3. receiver to power amp

• 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  4. AFC-tuner

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 10 replies
  5. remote?

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
  6. Fuses

• 3 replies
  • Recent Posts

• lol It is great that people PMed you to share their thoughts on the price, rather than a public statement. They're yours and they look great. Ask what you want, the price is for you and the buyer to decide. GLWYS
    • I don’t think your price is outta line. Wish my LSI looked that nice. 
    • Only The super seven's and super K's came with T-350's with ferro fluid in both tweeter and (Atlas) mid drivers. Standard seven's and K's came with EV T-35's with no ferro fluid. I have one pair I built from plans in 1976, and one pair that were factory built. After refinishing the factory built ones, I must say, I did a better job with attention to detail. 
    • ElectroVoice design Patrician, perhaps?? Otherwise known as a ," w". Cabinet
    • Historians & Advisors,    Looking to create an Audio Experience. I know this will be a process. So, I sent to the manufacturing address a CD. The reason for the CD is to find the sound produced by HERESY II’s and determine if later H Series are able to provide the same Listening experience. Tomorrow I will send another CD to the Historical Museum as I am understanding by reading here; that, the museum houses those versions of speakers and that the Advisors can be reached at that Historical address.   I just picked-up 16 weeks of movie theater advertisements and as that ends in September 2024. I would like to have a HERESY II system in place to integrate movie theater 5.1 Surround Sound fixed speakers systems. With the HERESY II down front providing the details. My thinking is the mix could gel nicely, even without an actual 5.1 recording. They can be, of course, mixed in 5.1. That would be cut on DVD not CD.   Anyways, the album submissions this year will be to every prize, award, available this year and next. So, renting a movie cinema theater for a day or two should pay for themselves. Getting the music onto campuses will be a full tour in and outside of the Continental U.S..    So, this can become a thing. Fast. I’m not seeking an endorsement deal. I’m prying as to whether your installation services are capable of doing temporary installation services? Same thing you already do, except you take with you everything you brought.   I will be sending a CD to the CARNEGIE LECTURE HALL. In Pittsburgh. I’ll give you a few days or a week before I mail it off. IMG_0711.heic
    • Thank God this was waiting for me when I got home. Some relaxation is much needed today.
    • LOL - Your most recent response is exactly what I was referring to in my previous message. At this stage, I've apologized for my response if no rudeness was intended — something I have zero issues with whatsoever. What else would you like, Woof?   To summarize: I had read the post. In turn, I posted a very specific message stating that I'm looking for a C7 and that anyone can PM me if available. From there, someone asked me if I had read the post above in a way I determined, at the time, to be rude, so I responded in kind. Now, after calling me "brilliant" in a previous message, you're asking me if I've read the original post, and you're asking me — in a condescending way might I add — if someone's been here for years and hasn't been rude to anyone "ever" if it's my fault or theirs that we had a misunderstanding.   So please tell me what exactly you're after at this stage. Because, at this point, continuing this thread on this topic is only proving how brilliant you are, my friend.
    • Someone emailed me to say that my reluctance was showing in my asking price.  Well duh! I really don’t want to sell, but if someone will pay 3K, I’ll consider it. Are they worth that much? Maybe I’m crazy but that’s not too out of whack from what I’ve seen elsewhere.