Home Theater

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

31646 topics in this forum

1. New Klipschfan 1 2

• 24 replies
  2. Matching Speakers

• 6 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. opinions on receivers 1 2

• 32 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Center Speaker

• 2 replies
  5. yamaha or M&K for sub??

• 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Sealed

• 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. KSW 12 problem

• 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  8. rear center placement?

• 6 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  9. 6:1 or 7:1?

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
  10. New Speaker suggestions

• 12 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 7 replies
  11. Home Theater PC ???

• 8 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Recent Posts

• In the past I have owned every Heritage model and enjoyed them all.  Years ago I started a long journey learning, building and experimenting with OB speakers.  I too doubt I will go back to box speakers for my main listening room. I do use box subs for the lowest end, but my 3 front speakers are a DIY project with Heil AMT's and dual 18 inch woofers housed in an H frame.  Overall, very inexpensive to make and enjoy.  Biggest expense for me was the active crossover and amps.    If you are at all interested, I highly recommend you take the journey and learn about OB speakers and build your own.  Yes, there are many manufacturers of OB speakers, but you will pay for the better options.  Pure audio project has some great, high end, options for the top end.     There are limits to how you can use OB speakers relative to room size since they must be away from rear walls.  Picking drivers for a project is not difficult and you can spend as much as you want in that area.  Have fun and enjoy the journey.  If you are interested in my experience, you can search my old posts during those builds. Plenty of pictures there.     I still use and enjoy my KPT-942's in my large barn.  OB would not likely work well in that application.    In the picture below, you can see two of the full size Marty subs in the corners.  I only use the subs for movies.  For my 2 channel listening evenings, only the two mains operate.  Bass is not at all missing, contrary to popular belief.  Of course, you need a lot of room to house dual 18 inch drivers in each main speaker.....they are rather large.  If you are interested in the build of the double stacked Heil AMT's, there is a very long thread with some really good commentary from some extremely knowledgeable guys from the 'old' gang on this forum. If you have never heard a Heil AMT, you owe it to yourself to find a set and listen....   If you wish to learn about OB speakers, there are many great resources on line. I highly recommend a deep dive into the Linkwitz Lab documentation.... Enjoy!  
    • Yes when AS came into existence.   Open baffle/panel speakers have existed for a very long time.
    • Is Mr Helmholzs work discredited ???
    • That's the ticket...one way transparent cardboard..why didn't I think of that, I'd be rich.
    • Sorry to see that, hope it doesn’t rain yeah you got a problem there I’ve been through something like your picture three or four times had a 93 Lincoln car some years back couldn’t keep a windshield in it. All black on black custom long top must’ve been an extra funeral car but what an omen. no more black Lincoln for me. Well good luck with it anyway I just think after you get it fixed you’ll come home and enjoy your stereo 😎
    • Check Audio Classics for Used equipment If nothing it will give an indication of prices for mint/ used equipment. ,,🙂
    • Now  Let’s - Get Down    
    • On Dave’s reply - he used a word naturally    I thought there was a song in that word  Enjoy