The Klipsch Audio Community

Home Theater

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

30377 topics in this forum

1. dvd problems!

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  2. KSW 15 tips?

• 0 replies
  3. rf-3's front and rear?

• 0 replies
  4. bi-wireing

• 1 reply
    • 50 replies
    • 8 replies
  5. KSS-3 Subwoofer problem

• 6 replies
  6. RC-3 Bi-wiring

• 1 reply
  7. KSF 10.5's vs RF-3's

• 0 replies
  8. Good AB switch

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 77 replies
  9. Center Channel Placement

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  10. Large VS. Small

• 3 replies
    • 9 replies
  11. SIMA s-video converter?

• 0 replies
  12. DBS

• 10 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recent Posts

• We are all set up for an unprecedented drop, never before seen.  I am talking about 10,000 points down on the Dow Jones averages, in JUST / ONLY a few day's trading time.  We are all set up for it.  It can happen ANY time now !!  It will be the start of the worst - ever BEAR market.  ( We are well-above the 1929 peak levels, on a standard Deviation from the Mean basis, three times above, right NOW. ) I expect to see stocks like Microsoft ( MSFT ) trade between 20 and 50.  I expect to see Apple shares fill its chart / trading  " GAP " which as I recall, is at about 62 to 66 dollars a share.  We live in an interesting time.    Jeffrey Medwin
    • get yourself  digital console mixer , plug it through your current preamp to add tone controls or use it as a preamp  and you will have many -many tone controls -   some of these mixer consoles also have DSP ,  compressors , limiters , equalisers , and tons of ways to tailor the sound    -    
    • I'd just like to mention that I managed to track down a BNIB Klipsch REF IV RC64 in Black Ash so I'm pretty over the moon about that & won't be needing that RC62, anyway good luck with your sales & quest to find one of those RC64 IIs
    • Just like the David Lee Roth thread.  They're all done but they're legends and as long as ppl pay to see them they'll keep performing for the next generation.  Remasters make them some beer money as do the shows but overall the quality sound we all heard is long gone!  
    • I remember this guy who laffed at me going thru my tub...  Shoes on the other foot now John.  I'm dyin here laffin at you only because you NOW know exactly what I went thru!  Hahahaha.  Ya just deal with the cracks n pops.  Part of the territory unless they're really that bad.  The local guy called and still has a lot of stuff left he wants to get rid of. I've been tempted to go back out but I got what I wanted.  Any more would just be fill and I'm outta room unless I put a shorter shelf up above.  Hmmmm...  lolol 
    • Without exception, the ONLY time I have ever heard a system that sounded full WITHOUT tone controls was using a Canary Audio 300b, I think it was around 30 watts per channel, pushing a pair of PMC PB1i transmission line speakers.   Keep in mind, the entry fee for this kind of performance is more than I have spent on a new vehicle...   Audiophiles equalize their system with tube rolling, cables, fuses and power cords.   The rest of compensate for the sound engineer’s “mastering” with tone controls.   The reality is that unless you have exactly the same gear used in the studio, you are not hearing it exactly as the sound engineer did anyway, so how much onion do you really need to peel?   Every speaker is a compromise.
    • Marchand also comes to mind, but for that $, I think I would rather have the bryston 10b used.  Jl Audio CR1 is up there in price as well.   
    • This looks interesting for the $$$   https://sublimeacoustic.com/products/k231-stereo-3-way-active-crossover
    • here's Thunderbolt vs La Scala  - I really don't think LS would do this well in2 pi as my FH1 with 150r was down more.  Mu post above which shows a side-view sketch of Thunderbolt, was confirmed as proportional by a top horn designer.  
    • Ported boxes in general are larger given the same size woofer. Looks to be a lot of worthwhile improvements, particularly in the midrange. The only drawback is the rear firing port, which will make placement more of a concern vs sealed box. All the extra extension below 58hz will be produced by the port. At least 12-15 inches from any rear wall I would imagine to prevent boom. There are some clever ways one may get around this if a certain placement is mandatory, but they usually don't look the best.