The Klipsch Audio Community

General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

20593 topics in this forum

1. Citation 16A

• 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 13 replies
  2. la scalas for sale

• 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
  3. Forte II questions

• 10 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. SNELL SPEAKERS

• 5 replies
  5. Klipsch RS-3s For Sale

• 6 replies
  6. Seinfeld System?

• 5 replies
  7. Klf30 Closeout?

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  8. Cornwall ?

• 13 replies
    • 31 replies
  9. rear speakers

• 2 replies
  10. Good starting system?

• 6 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Not meaning to argue, but doesn't the Lumin app run on a computer? Now if you mean a desktop computer, I can understand that is no longer needed since computers are much smaller now, and come in many forms..like tablets, and even cell phones. Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
    • Parts are easy to come by for the old Heresy and they are tough as nails.  You might find one with a toasted tweeter, but for the most part they can take a lot of abuse. Tweeters, mids and 12's can all be had easily and theyre all shared for the most part of the entire Heritage line.   The KG 4 is an odd ball in comparison, kind of meshed in with the old Tangent line and they're all vanishing further into the sunset year after year.  I would suggest looking into the old Heritage line for your next move.  
    • I don't know your situation, but getting good speaker stands that fit correctly and putting them at the correct height is a real pain.  I was going to do this myself with the 502s, then just realized it's much easier just finding some wall space to mount it.    I was going to go with these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KRVDSB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and then found a spot where I could mount them on the side of a bookcase.  Since the wood was only 1 inch thick, I put an M12 bolt with a nut to hold it in place. The base now is at about 58", with tweeter is sitting right around 62-64", which sounds a heck of a lot better than when I had it on a 26" stand.   Most stands that hold that hold the weight of the 502s are only 26-28" tall, which is not good for surround speakers.  The taller ones typically hold only 5-8 lbs speakers. 
    • Build up a NUC two years ago. For this. But was running a dac with Thunderbolt. Went with an optical TB cable to get isolation.   But looking at Qobuz. May resurrect the NUC.   Using four channel dacs, current has Room Perfect DRC but a FireWire buss. Got to move forward into 2020.   
    • I hope I’ve chosen a good balance of all those qualities in the Jolida. It was open box, cost a hair over $1k. So, not cheap, but not ridiculous...actually comparable to a lot of restored ST70s, but purchased from a dealer, so it’s returnable. A reputable company that’s been in business for a while. Enough wattage for any situation plus a bit of headroom. Not a ton of reviews available, but all of them positive.    but listening to my Parasound this morning...I’m wondering how good Cornwalls+tubes can sound, because this sounds REALLY good right now.
    • Yes, that Steve Gutenberg video was a huge influence a few days ago. 
    • If you are going to use Roon, then I guess you will have to have a computer somewhere, but it shouldn't have to reside in the listening room if you don't want it to. I don't think Roon can run on a headless computer like a NAS or on a dedicated streamer. Rplace can correct me if I'm wrong here.   I know there are a lot of Roon fans, but I'm not going to pay for an interface when the Lumin app works just fine for me. I know Roon is better, but I'm a cheap a&*   Shakey
    • Lol, nice setup. Was just reading yesterday about those 2. Glad to hear you have good results. Plenty of power too.
    • You assume that is the case with your bass bin/subwoofer vs. the K-402-MEH.  I think you've missed something (once again) about MEHs.  A hint: look at the horn/driver loading differences via boundary loading.  If your bass bins/subwoofers have similar sized horn termination geometries, then I would still like to see the data for my needs--which is not a lot to ask considering the effort I've spent above, and a request that is obviously within your abilities based on your posted measurements above.   You say you're puzzled by the few rebuttals and requests for data I made on your opinions.  I can assure you that personal opinions-as-fact statements in this thread that I can't agree with aren't going to "slide by".  In case you haven't noticed, I've actually put a bit of effort into the subject over the past few years.  Because others here (clearly observable from the comments above) also read these statements, if I don't take exception to them, some readers might conclude that I agree with them.  (I don't, at least the ones that I've commented on.) I've made measurements that helps me to request some of that data based on your particular statements I've taken exception to. Other requests for data are real (e.g., your subwoofer's distortion measurements vs. your K-402-MEH), I actually need that data.  If you prove your point with measurements, I will acknowledge it.  I don't believe they are unreasonable requests.   As a side note, you've also actually pushed me into questioning some of your statements--as if it's your right to do so with impunity, which I personally don't understand after providing the data and information that I have to this thread.  Have I done something to offend you?   If you would like to start your own thread, you're perfectly able to do that.  I only ask that you don't say the things I have taken exception to (above) in this particular thread without backing them up with something that's more than opinion (yours or any others).  That's it.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  Not trying to mute the conversation entirely, just keep it a bit more fact-based than opinion-based in this particular thread (as I believe that I have mostly done, above).   Chris