Klipsch Pro Audio

Talk about our Pro Audio and Cinema products here.

1226 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. FS KP115s

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. FOR SALE KP-301 PAIR 1 2

• 25 replies
    • 5.2k views
  3. KP 115

• 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 2 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 6.1k views
    • 6 replies
  4. Danley TH118

• 13 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. Pro Gear for sale 1 2 3

• 51 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 2 replies
  6. kpt 484 subs

• 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  7. latest config 2

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  8. speaker configuration?

• 1 reply
  • Recent Posts

• Sorry about the bad luck, glad Greg was able to fix it. I've been curious about the 1.5t MK II- love that amp stock. Rumor has it Greg is working on a MK-II for Sunfire amps as well.
    • plus one on the 1 watt, or the right few watts. 99.9% of the time I (we on here) only need, want, and use a watt or less. Most are looking for better sound, not (only) louder. 
    • Klf 10 sound is way off,  due to a 8uf ground cap , put it at 15 with a 2 ohm resistor thank me later
    • Updating the story of this Sunfire Cinema Grand Amp. Just in case anyone needs one of these units repaired, and would like a solid repair/refurb service recommendation. You will be well advised to check out Nelionaudio.com Greg is aces. Once back in regular use, the amp performed flawlessly for months. Long story shortened; the electrical transformer that feeds our house, shorted out due to vines growing up the pole, and into the wiring. Only one piece of equipment in the house was damaged during the rather spectacular “event”. Yep, you guessed it. So back it went, to Greg at Nelion audio, after an extensive repair, at a more than fair cost, it’s once again back in service, and as good as new. I’ve recently sent my Carver M-1.0T to them for refurbishment & upgrade to their M-1.0T mkII opt002 specs, which ups the power from 200 watts to 460, and claims to silence the power-on, “thump” that these amps are known for. They quickly performed the work, and returned the amp. I’ve not had the chance to get it back into the family room system, but my expectations are high. I’ll follow up once I’ve put everything back in place.
    • As long as it’s a good working K-55m you wouldn’t tell a difference. 
    • Low wattage amps are enough power for a lot of Klipsch users due the the high sensitivity of the speaker and size. It is like a sports car, just because it can most people won't be running their system that hard toward clipping.  With room gain of easy 10 db, there is some free headroom. .
    • What vehicle?  I know in my Jeep if the fob battery dies you just press the Start/Stop button with the fob to start it.  In some vehicles with a Start/Stop button if you pop the button out you can insert the fob and turn it to start the car.
    • I used to have that Combo Perhaps we should discuss. 🙂
    • Unused power is just that, unused, no magic pixie dust in it.   I can say without hesitation 8 watts is plenty of power for me and clipping is not a problem. Much more power has been tried and found not to be needed at my less than live concert listening levels.   More power to you if that's your desire, but I'm not going to tell someone else they need more power and that it's going to transform their system. If they are happy with what they have and hear no signs of clipping all is good, no sense in losing sleep.   Many have gone down in quantity and up in quality and experienced worthwhile improvements.