Klipsch Pro Audio

Talk about our Pro Audio and Cinema products here.

1226 topics in this forum

• 13 replies
    • 3.1k views
    • 0 replies
  1. HIP-2

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  2. klipsch KPT-484

• 5 replies
  3. F/S KP 262 $250 pr (sold)

• 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3.6k views
  4. KP-262's

• 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. H

• 12 replies
    • 3 replies
  6. Preparing for Gig

• 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Looking for a K-48-KP.

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  8. Line-Array System

• 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. KP-3002 Crossovers

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  10. KP201s

• 7 replies
  11. KP-600 History

• 16 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. k-260 horns

• 0 replies
    • 38 replies
    • 2.2k views
  • Recent Posts

• This has not been my experience with amplifiers that can switch between triode and ultralinear or pentode. Perhaps you mean gain? Do you immediately perceive differences when switching between ultralinear and triode?  
    • I have the Mani 2 and the Loki Mini+. Great stuff. I'm actually looking to possibly sell the Mani because I picked up the Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 Magnum so I really don't need the Mani anymore.
    • @Dave1291 That's it. You crossed over to the otherside! 
    • I think you are hearing the difference between technology AND topology. You aren't trying to drive a pair of Wilsons or Martin Logans which can have wild impedance swings. Klipsch speakers tend to have a benign impedance variance, so even the less efficient models are not hard to drive as most other speakers. A better experiment would be pitting two SS or two tube amps of different power ratings against each other on your Fortes. I tried a 150 wpc VTL and a 12 wpc Aric Audio amp on Cornwall IVs. I couldn't hear any improved dynamics or bass control with the VTL, but preferred the Aric for it's tone and imaging. Both sounded equally powerful after adjusting for any gain difference.
    • That's a good question- I'm certain the "B" stands for black but have no idea about the SMA. Small to Medium Application? 
    • Right on, I've heard nothing but good things about that amp, glad it is working for you. I did some tube rolling in my Schiit Freya preamp which uses the 6NS7's and could hear pretty big differences between the tube sets. My Carver RAM 285 comes with all Tung-Sol tubes I believe KT-120's power tubes and 12ax7 & 12AT7 input tubes- I have not considered trying different input tubes but maybe I should? 
    • does SMA or B stand for anything?  SMAll Beast? Is there a "I" variant?
    • Me too! So, is the glass broken or is the cardboard to try to protect from hail?
    • I started my tube journey over 10 years ago with a hybird Yaqin 2100 amp with tube preamp and SS rear. Excellent amp along with several of the EL 34 amps which are exceptional for the money.   I have never owned an American tube amp but, have owed several Mc Intosh amps, SS for comparison.  Fast pace and to 2024, I am on a 3rd tube amp, lol. Not funny, lol. I tried the OldChen K3 Kt88 twice with the same transformer failure.  More on that later if interest.  China Hi Fi refunded my money with no problems.   This brings up the Willisenton R8 KT 88 amp.  It is a moderate priced amp and a back breaker going on 60 lbs.  The topic is tube rolling and this is the easiest amp that I have ever had that you can audibly hear a change with multiple tubes, preamp and power. The bias adjustment take about 10 second for a power tube and not needed for the preamp tubes.  Preamp tubes for the amp are Willisenton  6sN7x3 , PS Vane Fever CV 181z, Shuguang Black Treasure CV181z, and Willisenton 6SL7.  The rolling power tubes were the Shuguang Black Treasure KT 88 , Willisenton KT 88, PSVane KT88, Tel Funkenl Black Diamond EL 34, and an old quad pair of Sevlanta 6550 C winged quad on a trade for my NOS Tung Sung EL 34 tubes.   Well, I am very impressed with this amp and it's sound.  The tubes can make or brake a system. This amp has very noticeable changes in tube rolling and can be transformed by tube rolling. I did all my listening in triode mode using just a few watts.  I am not going to bash stock tubes because they most likely come from the same factories and are not inherently bad.    The change of the Power tubes changed the bass and lower midrange. Where as, the preamp tubes influenced the midrange in this particular Kt 88 amp.  The point of the post is the fun with rolling, not the cost, lol. and the quickness for comparison.  These    topic are always so biase and less than scientific.  because it took 20 min. for the tubes to warm.  This thread is not that serious.  What's your take?  I did find some nice combo with my current  tubes without spending more money.  The old motto is nothing exceeds like excess!   See, I did not tell you about about magic tubes,  the must have amp, system . or made SS comparison.  Just roll with it.🥴  Rolling is not like steak or lobster, it is more like skirt steak vs t bone?                     
    • Will do , thank you