Lounge

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

Rules:

Please keep your discussions civil.

NOTE: Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

9990 topics in this forum

1. Happy birthday to me

• 5 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Network (1976)

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 6 replies
  3. Massive Attack

• 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. The Libertine

• 13 replies
  5. Ricky Bobby

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. Walk the line

• 9 replies
  7. nochnoi dozor

• 0 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. World Trade Center

• 18 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Top 40 music thoughts

• 13 replies
    • 15 replies
  10. RV

• 0 replies
    • 8 replies
  11. Help with sound cards

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
  • Recent Posts

• In the first post, there's a link to a thread showing photos.  
    • Those are in fabuluos shape.  Some of the nicest that I have seen.  If I was within realistic driving distance I'd make an offer.
    • A zobel circuit is more for use in a subwoofer environment not a woofer.  It most likely wont make any positive difference at all.  
    • JC… I really like the small speaker system with the K510…!!!   What driver are you using on the K510..?
    • I agree with JC and highly recommend the Jensen ISO-MAX units and use them in my systems.     FYI …. Jensen recommends the use of their PI (Input Transformer designs) whenever you have the option over their PO (Output Transformer designs). The Pl-2XX with input type transforms will give better performance than the PO-2XX unless you absolutely need to run an output transformer type.   Some info for anyone interested…        
    • You already know your room setup is not the ideal situation you see posted everywhere.  It may be difficult to get an educated recommendation. You may want to find a dealer(s) who has a liberal cheap/free return policy and buy the 600m ii's and the 502's.  Try both and return the losers.  
    • Insulating your floor and interior walls with mineral wool (Roxul Saf-N-Sound for example) will reduce the sound outside the room and help the bass inside the listening room. Also, you should read up about techniques for using mass loaded vinyl or applying something like Green Glue and a second layer of sheetrock.
    • I have never been disappointed in any Klipsch speaker Pretty much depends on your Budget.    I like my KlF 30 as much as my KH
    • Yes, going to see what the forum makes of plans. Check back later.
    • Hello all,   I am building a room above my garage (which is attached to my house) that is going to be 22x23. I am planning on putting a pair of klipschorns in the corners (outside wall away from the rest of the house). The ceilings are 9' for four feet around the edge of the room and they extend to 10' in the middle.    This room partially sits over our bedroom as well (just a little)  How do I best dampen the sound from traveling along the joists and walls to the rest of the house?    I am planning on double studding the wall(s) that the K horns are using to help with bass extension. Would insulating with sound damping insulation hurt the bass.    I'm thinking thick insulation between the first and second floor? Thank you so much for your thoughts.