Lounge

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

Rules:

Please keep your discussions civil.

NOTE: Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

9990 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
  1. SuperBit DVD's

• 4 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. underworld

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
  3. Identity

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 15 replies
  4. the 2 towers

• 9 replies
  5. the core

• 0 replies
  6. Whats going on?

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  7. new KISS Alive IV dvd

• 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. Guitar dude...

• 4 replies
  9. Online SACD sales?

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  10. this amp game

• 0 replies
    • 7 replies
  11. Diablo II players?

• 0 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Insulating your floor and interior walls with mineral wool (Roxul Saf-N-Sound for example) will reduce the sound outside the room and help the bass inside the listening room. Also, you should read up about techniques for using mass loaded vinyl or applying something like Green Glue and a second layer of sheetrock.
    • I have never been disappointed in any Klipsch speaker Pretty much depends on your Budget.    I like my KlF 30 as much as my KH
    • Yes, going to see what the forum makes of plans. Check back later.
    • Hello all,   I am building a room above my garage (which is attached to my house) that is going to be 22x23. I am planning on putting a pair of klipschorns in the corners (outside wall away from the rest of the house). The ceilings are 9' for four feet around the edge of the room and they extend to 10' in the middle.    This room partially sits over our bedroom as well (just a little)  How do I best dampen the sound from traveling along the joists and walls to the rest of the house?    I am planning on double studding the wall(s) that the K horns are using to help with bass extension. Would insulating with sound damping insulation hurt the bass.    I'm thinking thick insulation between the first and second floor? Thank you so much for your thoughts. 
    • From adulterated EPA jargon: Too Many Dam Lawyers. Sorry barristers.
    • Yes 3 more posts and you can make and receive PM's. Cool...  
    • I’ll be leaving Phoenix probably on May 9 driving north through Las Vegas. Would need to rent a small trailer as my SUV will be packed. I’m a new member and can’t yet do private messages. If interested, reply and I will post my phone number.   coincidentally, I’d like to find someone in Milwaukee who would be agreeable for compensation to pick up a turntable, and take to UPS for packing and shipping to me.  The seller is unwilling to consider shipping.  In that regard, anyone with experience using UPS to pack electronic gear?
    • Yes my platinum bus zeroed out Dave. Even saw John youtubin here... drinking Heineken, dark side in. You know which t-humpin day... Can live with them. T-humpin Dave...take for a joy ride... new spinners here... good thing goods Dave...btw, remember that password... good thing. Paul Revere here...Young Rascals...Sang falsetto J Joplin here but, forget which...try harder...    
    • @billybob  Yea, it's like the old Little Ceaser pizza joint ad. 5 bucks, 5 bucks, it's ALL 5 bucks.  It doesn't matter WHAT it is it's 5 bucks or close to it around here.  Wild!