I just received my 2 matching r-120sw powered subwoofers. I have 2 receivers 1) Sony Str-dh750 7.2 and Pioneer vsx-50. Both support 7.2 with lfe outs for the subwoofers.
I am getting no sound at all from the subs no matter what.
first I have 4 Definitive Technology 9080 brand new towers and 1 DT 9080 center.
On each receiver i have it set to 5.x with all speakers set to small to make sure that they dont conflict with the sub outs, per the manuals.
I have tried
1. just 1 sub on either receiver
2. a mix of large and small just for kicks
3. resetting everything
4. talking to sony who i shared photos with and talked and they said it looked good and should be working
5. changed cables
6. tried 2.1, 3.1, 5,1 etc no luck
7. plugged in my phone for usb input and output and nadda
I am really lost. The subs have no lights so i can only assume they are on.
Ive tried changing the phase, frequency from 0-lfe and nadda
I tried plugging in the cable and tapping the center of the other side like checking a mic, nothing.
Please help my new Pioneer lz sc904 is coming soon and I want these working.