We are designing a dedicated home theater in a new construction home. I have been out of the component/speaker world for a long time and I would very much appreciate some help on selecting the right speakers for the theater.
Room Dimension - 20W x 20L x 10H. Two rows of seats. 4 seats in front, 5 elevated in back. First row is 8' from front channels, second row is 14'.
Our idea was to run a set of in-will speakers all around that consist of the THX series.
Center: 504-L x1
R/L: 502-L x2
Sides: 502-L x2 or x4?
Rear: 502-L x2
Atmos: 5002-L x4?
1. Do we need two sets of side speakers, or one? Will they compete or complement each row?
2. Would the 8000-S be a better choice for a side speaker than the 502-L?
3. Atmos, do we need the 5002-L or 5002-S atmos speaker to complete a four speaker setup? Would the surround be wasted on a four speaker setup?
4. Atmos, should we use another ceiling speaker or are the 5002s a significant upgrade performance wise over other ceiling speakers?
5. How much power can the center channel take? The 504-L seems to have a wide range on its spec sheet, but can it really take 600w peaks?
6. Should the front speakers be 3x504s or 1x504 and R/L 2x502?
If there are any other issues I have overlooked please let me know.
I would like to thank all of you for answers and pro tips in advance.