Well, all in my life was well until I woke up today and unexpectedly found my Cinema 800 with "UPDATING..." in its display.
I found it quite weird that it had decided to update itself during the night with no intervention from me, but well.
I let it sit there for over an hour and a half, and nothing ever happened, so I tried and the bar was responding to remote control commands.
Probably a glich, I thought. Turned the bar off, but when it came back on, the "UPDATING..." notice came back.
Left it there for a good while and it never went away.
I then decided to do some research and ended up here.
There I saw my bar actually did not have the latest firmware, so I set out to update it.
Followed the instructions there, and the update appeared to have gone well, coming back to a screen that showed the volume level.
The world came crashing down when I turned the bar off and it never powered back on.
I've tried everything. Followed the procedure for the BAR-48 seen here, nothing happened.
Tried multiple flash drives, no cigar.
The flashing procedure for the Cinema 800 begins with the bar turned on, so it's kinda expected.
I've tried the factory reset sequence too, but that one too assumes the bar to be initially on, so that too is a no go.
I contacted Klipsch and they seemed not to have any contingency for a failed firmware update whatsoever, going straight to offering a replacement, which is kinda worrying.
Unfortunately, I live in South America and now I cannot get the bar into my country without paying a fortune in customs taxes and duties.
Not happy at all.
So there. Congratulations to me for being the first one I guess.
Suggestions and condolences are welcome.