Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cabinet repair'.
Hello all, I've acquired my Klipsch Quartet speakers half a year ago and I'm more than happy with them, they sound great on my Marantz 2235. I would like to restore the speaker cabinets to it's original glory, but I have a question. In the attached pictures you can see the bottom wood of the cabinet has expanded on the front. Both speakers have unfortunately this issue. I would like to send my speakers in the upcoming few months to a woodshop to replace the veneer. I'm hoping if someone can advise me on if I have to replace the whole bottom plate of the cabinets or that I can fix this with a filler and new veneer on top. Since I'm no expert I'm afraid that if I only use filler on the cabinet to solve this, the cabinet might be compromised for optimal sound? My goal is to keep these speakers for a very long time (next week I will receive new crossovers and tweeters) and buy speaker stands, so I do not mind to invest in getting them in good shape. Does anyone have a recommendation on whether I should fix this only visually or that I should change the bottom plate completely? Best regards, Pieter
Hello all, I have a KG 4.2 that has vibration coming from the back of the cabinet with any amount of bass. If I hold my hand there and push in slightly, it stops. Suggestions for how fix this permanently?
Hello All, I just wanted to share my experience on dealing with cabinet separation on a pair of Heresy IIs that I had purchased. After purchasing the speakers and getting them home, I had realized that one of the speakers had seam separation on the top right and lower left sections of the cabinet which I believe was caused by being droped during shipping. Since this was resulting in an unsealed cabinet and the possible loss of some of the low end of the speaker, I decided to see what I could do to correct this and possibly make them more sturdy in the process. My first step was to remove the woofer of the speaker and see how these things were built. As you can see by the photo below, these speakers are held together by a small rectangular wooden brace and "squirted" with a fair amount of wood glue to keep the corners together. This piece is what had become slightly detached from the cabinet wall and my focus turned to how best to approach this. After careful consideration, I elected to replace a few of the wood braces with new pieces and use a combination of careful use of screws and strong wood glue to support the cabinet. My hope is that the addition of the screws would be better able to support the cabinet and better hold the integrity of the seal together over time. This was done to the other speaker in order to match any slight variation on acoustics that this could have caused on the one, although I could not tell A/B after doing just the one.