Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'port mods'.
Found 1 result
Since joining this great site, I've been searching/reading/researching all of the info on here I could find on modifying the ports for better bass response in my mint condition oiled oak Chorus 1's. I purchased the Chorus 1's to replace my black La Scalas that were really too big for my listening room & looked like 80's concert speakers. I know some here prefer the Chorus ll, for the mid horn & bass, but for my "music room" I wanted a front firing speaker w/o a rear passive. (so I chose Chorus 1's on purpose) Since the previous owner had already upgraded them with titanium tweeter diaphragms & re-capped the crossovers using Bob Crites stuff, I figured that if I tweaked the low bass response a little, these would be a pair of speakers I would keep forever (& also improve the WAF of my listening room) I got finished this past weekend & figured it was my turn to "pay it forward" & share the results in a build thread so others can easily duplicate the project if so desired (including pix/part #'s/relevant info) I also decided since I was "going in" the cabinets, I might as well try some of Morey James bracing ideas I read up on too. To make the post modification info more objective (hopefully) & less of my "opinion" I purchased a CD online that had digital test tones for all of the mid & low bass frequencies. I tested them pre & post mods & was quite happy with the results (testing info coming up after a few pix 😎) Dave