roaddog359

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Well the rf 63's have arrived!!!!!!! Still in the boxes and maybe til after Christmas, we will see if I can hold out that long.

I think that could be considered torture, there may even be a law against doing that !

Probably should open them and try them out, you know just to make sure there's no damage in shipping !

I think you need to put the bose in a box and seal them up, because when you fire up your new setup they will want to run and hide they will be so embarrassed, then you will have to go find them to send them to the next victim/customer ! [:o]

• Moderators

RS52's you need the RS62's with those fronts! Bartender a round of RS62's for the house please!!!!! LOL ; )

That will work too. I was just trying to be easy on your wallet but since you're in a generous mood....RS-62's it is! [:D]

Well the rf 63's have arrived!!!!!!! Still in the boxes and maybe til after Christmas, we will see if I can hold out that long.

I think that could be considered torture, there may even be a law against doing that !

Probably should open them and try them out, you know just to make sure there's no damage in shipping ! Idea

I think you need to put the bose in a box and seal them up, because when you fire up your new setup they will want to run and hide they will be so embarrassed, then you will have to go find them to send them to the next victim/customer ! Surprise

Yes, this is a great idea. I would hate it if you wait til xmas, and find out there's something cosmetically or mechanically wrong with them. I say hook them up RIGHT NOW! There is no way I could wait that long! Ummmm, ya I couldn't wait at all! what ever you do, DO NOT, under any circumstances let anyone interested in your Bose system hear the Klipsch; or they won't want your bose!!!

Yea, I wont let him hear it. I got all this under the disguise as a christmas gift, so I am trying to hold off. I also dont want to hook it all up yet because I am having a 6ft oak mantle custom made for the center and I am also having some work done in the room where all this is temp. going to be while I have a HT room built. Will be to much drywall dust.

You're a lot more patient than me!!!!!! I couldn't do it, no way

SHHHHHHHH! Dont tell but I did sneak a peak at one of them. It looks sweet!!! I dont know if I can hold out either but I am trying at least until my 83's get here. The wife saw the boxes on the 63's and said "Holly SH*T these things are huge". I warned her if she thinks those were huge wait until the other ones get here!!!!!!!! She does like the idea of the custom oak mantel shelf that I am having made, she wants it more for pictures and I want it more for the RC 64!

• Moderators

I knew you couldn't resist. It was pretty funny. When I picked up my 83's, I brought them home and placed them in the garage. After the kids went to bed, I got my digital camera, went into the garage and took photos of the boxes. Yes, they are HUGE at 100 lbs each. I slid them into the living room and began to unpack them, taking photos as I went along. I kept staring at them and even caressed them. I told my wife, "aren't these just georgeous?". She just laughed and smiled at my amusement. It was like Christmas for a little kid to me.

Since we have moved, I have packed and unpacked them several times. Here is a suggestion for unpacking if you want to keep the box (like I did).

1. Open the top box.
2. Remove the four cardboard pieces on the sides of the speakers
3. Flip the speakers upside down but be sure to hold the bottom foam so that the speaker does not start to slide out of the box.
4. Raise the box up and over the speakers.
5. Remove the bottom foam.
6. Then put one knee on the floor and the other foot on the floor and your knee up (basically take a knee position). Then lean the 83's backside across your bent knee so that your knee acts as a seesaw for the speaker in order to get it to turn rightside up. Use your brain, not your muscles to move these heavy speakers.
7. Then you can remove the foam and plastic from the speakers.

When I opened them for the first time, I thought long and hard how I was going to get them out safely, by myself, and keeping the packing material intact.

Ok guys, this is driving me nuts and I want to bust the rf 63's out of the boxes. My problem is that I am still waiting to have a shelf made for the rc64 and the rf 83s have not goten here either. The rf 63s are going to go in the rear when the 83s get here. My question is can I use the rf 63 up front but still use the bose center, sides and rear. I was waiting until the rc64 could be mounted and the 83's were here but it's killing me. So can I mix these to brands or should I wait until the rc 64 can at least be added to the mix and replace all 3 up front at the same time? If I do the klipsch up front can I run the bose in the rear until the rf 83's get here? Well what do you think wait until I can change it all at the same time or just put the 63's in front with the rest bose. I was thinking mixing is a bad idea but I want to start setting them up. I really need my center channel shelf bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may not make it till Christmas!

Or if I can, I can just put the rf 63s in the rear where they are going to go and get rid of the bose bookshelf speakers that are there now. but what about the ohm rating difference would that matter I think my onkyo is set at 6ohms. The bose I think are rated at 8ohms and I cant remember what the klipsch's are rated at. Would it work or not. What can or should I do or not do?

Unhook all Bose, run 2-channel with the RF-63's, put in favorite cd, and enjoy.

Bill

Only problem with that is the wife and kids want it set up for surround sound. I might be able to hook them up to the second room source and just use it for audio and use the bose until I can set the rest up.

Good idea. Don't mix, especially with Bose. I take that back. Go ahead and mix the Klipsch and Bose and you will see what a great choice you made in going with Klipsch. As a matter of fact, the RF-63's will probably drown out the Bose completely. Couldn't hurt(except maybe your ears).

Bill

Well, I finally hooked up the rf 63 to the front left and right. I left the center bose until I can mount the rc64. All I can say is the rf 63's sound great compared to the blose left and right. I can not wait til I can replace the center, its going to sound awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! My rf 83's are in shipping now and should be her by Christmas. Anyway my front 63's are putting the bose to shame. I cant wait to see what the 83's and rc 64 will do. Even my wife could tell a difference so that says alot to me. : ) The left and right now drown out the bose center.

• Moderators

Anyway my front 63's are putting the bose to shame. I cant wait to see what the 83's and rc 64 will do. Even my wife could tell a difference so that says alot to me. : ) The left and right now drown out the bose center.

You don't really expect us to be surprised do you? You are going to have one sweet setup. What a Christmas gift.

You don't really expect us to be surprised do you? You are going to have one sweet setup. What a Christmas gift.

No, I really dont! It was great that my wife could tell a difference. I just plugged them in and I did not run the set up. You think they will sound even better after I run the set up on them. That center has got to be awesome!!!! I can not wait, til I get that up and running and then put the 83 in front. Thanks Youthman for making me want your rf 83 cherry's.

• Moderators

It was great that my wife could tell a difference.

My wife has supersonic hearing. She hears stuff that I cannot yet she thinks the two dinky speakers in my 32" CRT tv sound as good as the RF-83's. Oh brother! Maybe once I get all of the speakers setup, she will be able to appreciate the HT over the RCA tv.

You think they will sound even better after I run the set up on them.

I personally would run the setup, then tweek it to your liking. You can always turn the EQ off is you like it without the EQ settings. You will need to run it again once you add your center and rears. Be sure to post some pics. We all like seeing each other's setups.

Yea, I know I need to run the set up but everytime I do it my wife starts complaining about it. Maybe she also has super sonic hearing like a dog. I think the sound of the speaker set up drives her crazy. I will post some pics after I get the mantle shelf made for the center it is still in the design stage.