Which Forum Member...

colterphoto1

Yeah Marshall, who else am I going to check logistics with at O'dark:20? Mr. Logistics, that's who! [8-|]

Did it today gang. Here's some hints. Left at 7:30 Indy time, back home at 10:45. Time enough to 'swap' speakers (secondary hint), and take 1.5 hour nap waiting for arrival.

749 miles round trip, solo. I'm beat. [:S]

nighty night all. tomorrow am we unload the loot! but first some more hints....

M

here's the strangest thing, I was just awakened from dream in which I was travelling to NYC (not this trip), and taking photos of the George Washington Bridge and talking to my travelling companion about exactly when you are in Manhatten. Is it when you are midway across the bridge generally?

post-10755-13819427922316_thumb.jpg

Here's one of each for comparison.

KP 362 is the Portable version, with handles, flat front for easier packing, replaceable fuses, Neutrik and 5way binding posts.

KI 362 is the Installed version with integral mounting points for flyware, rotatable horn pod (at 22 degree increments) for cluster hanging, smaller depth, and front ports.

post-10755-13819427951546_thumb.jpg

A shot from the tops illustrates the vastly different cabinet depth.

Note how the idiot installers bypassed the built in ATM flyware points, which are reinforced by steel angle brackets extending down to the sides of the cabinet for strength. Instead they thought some 1/4" T nuts would hold the entire weight of the cabinets. They got lucky. Those 9 ply bins held up to this unsafe flying method.

post-10755-13819427952936_thumb.jpg

Total of all pillaging:

I traded two pair of KI362's that I had gotten A) shipped from a board room in FL B) the Green Bay trip with Indy where I got KP362 bass bins also for Bill's two pair of KP 362's for a church in CA. He needed the smaller cabinet for cluster hanging in his church camp, and the handles, LF capability and fuses work better for my live applications.

Additionally Bill had purchased some 6 each KSM12 II monitors and KP262 two way's in white. Many of these speakers were blown. See next slide.

post-10755-13819427953606_thumb.jpg

17 fuse holders- all with original 20 amp fuses ARRRRGGGHHHHH

some idiot installer did not follow the directions that came with each speaker which is to replace the 20 amp fuse with one of proper value or to install other safety device in line to protect speakers.

Let's go over the rules again- most PA horns 1.5 amp. 12" HD K42- 2.5 amps, most HD K43 or K48 15" woofers 3 amps.

I need 3, 2.5, 1.5 amp fuses to properly protect these drivers. Bill, please do likewise with yours.

post-10755-13819427954126_thumb.jpg

Some of the flyware that BIll provided me with. These black racks are for the KP362 (and are the proper sizes for the built in hanging points). On complex installations one is bolted to top and bottom of speaker, with them the arrays can be splayed horizontally or vertically and tilted for best coverage in a SAFE MANNER.

WARNING INJURY OR DEATH CAN OCCUR from improperly suspended speakers. Read, understand, and follow all directions for the ATM flyware before attempting to hang any loudspeaker over the audience.

post-10755-13819427954776_thumb.jpg

• Like 1