how much power for rf82's?

shaunm

Hi all! There is a clearance sale here in vancouver 50% off, a pair of RF-82's for $700!!!! I want to know if it needs a lot of power? i 5.1 yamaha receiver, 7.1 sony, and an old 110watts stereo receiver. i've got a 12inch velodyne sub, i want to use this for music and home theater. but for music would i still need a sub for the rf82's? i listen to a lot of music with bass. and how good is the rf82? i'm so excited.

thanks.

Great deal. I say jump on it. I am not sure what model receivers you are speaking but would say as long as you have clean wattage you should be fine. As far as the 82's for stereo without sub, they can hold their own alone but a sub would complement them very well.

Bill

I don't think you can route the LFE track through your mains. If so, you'd need a sub for that.

Edit, even if you can route it through your mains, you'll still loose a lot of info, in addition to your mains trying to reproduce sounds lower than they were designed to.