Dark Knight

dgoreck

I loved the IMAX but hated the audio special effects. They seem intent on exagerating bass just for the sake of bass and not what things really sound like. The gun blasts were over the top and terrible imo. This is unfortunately the trend in audio effects.

Got it from NetFlix on Blu-Ray on Tuesday. Incredible LFE, several scenes almost made me jump out of my chair. The scene where he's re-creating the bullet fired into the brick using a mini-gun was the most realistic gunshot I've ever heard.

Well finally got to watch it on Blue Ray on my little 27" 720P.... it looked and sounded amazing. Just to compare, a few days prior, saw the DVD version on my friends 55" DLP in 1080i with an upscaler.... not even close in terms of picture quality. Opening Chicago skyline, easy to tell the difference.

• 5 weeks later...

I just bought it today from Columbia House! Looking forward to seeing it in BluRay! Saw it in SDVD just a few weeks ago and thought it was a great movie! Yes, Heath is the reason, simply a wonderful performance! I was wondering what the big deal was until about half-way through, then his appearances in the movie became more frequent.

The theater was pretty obnoxious on the audio special effects but this is the trend. I was talking to a friend last night who worked on special effects on many movies that are now classics. I asked him about the trend in audio special effects and why they are moving to be so exagerated or bloated instead of sounding real. He did not know the answer but he would forward my questions to a friend of his who works on audio special effects. I'm pretty sure the answer will be to overload the senses as much as possible but we'll see.