Heresy II to Heresy III

BEC

Bob, I kinda wondered if I showed up WITHOUT whataburgers, would my welcome and sonic listening pleasure consist of a double barrel 12 guage with rock salt and a finger pointing to the quickest way to exit the property??

Andy,

You would be welcome here even without a Whataburger. But you might bring these.

Bob

post-9312-13819436224888_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Ya' know? Those Heresys just celebrated their 30th birthday, hard to believe I built them that long ago! And, even though I have seen and/or built thousands of Heresys over the years, I still think that those butt-jointed birch plywood babies are some of, if not THE prettiest ever made!

Bob and Michael Crites are gracious hosts, indeed.

Tony and I had a great afternoon We did do a fair amount of listening to the HII and HIII hooked up as stereo pairs. In that setup, I couldn't hear an appreciable difference in sound. I'm not even sure how to describe the difference between the HI and the HII/HIII comgo. They both sound good, but there is a noticeable difference. the later model Heresy II/III do have more sparkle and presence to the sound. The HI sounds a little flatter over all, but also has a very realistic sounding "live" presentation.

One thing for sure, those dang cornscalas load the room with killer sound.

Thanks to Michael and Bod for a very nice afternoon.

Also, you guys have done a heck of alot of work on your buildings. Very nice room for listening.

whataburger....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Like 1

what are we looking at there Bob? Is that a Heresy Decorator in Hickory with Industrial grille? Way cool!

Yeah, I always keep a fire extinguisher next to my sound system too! You never know! LOL

We really missed out on our Whataburger's last time. Do they deliver?

Michael

Absolutely but for some reason & I don't know why, I can't get lascalas off my mind. The only time i've heard them was at Bob's and at the factory with the 402 on top.

I really think I need major room treatments, hard surfaces everywhere.

Bob, I kinda wondered if I showed up WITHOUT whataburgers, would my welcome and sonic listening pleasure consist of a double barrel 12 guage with rock salt and a finger pointing to the quickest way to exit the property??

Andy,

You would be welcome here even without a Whataburger.

We don't have Whataburgers here in Canada, so I can only imagine how good they are. Whataburger has appeared in the movie 8 Seconds, in King of the Hill, and even has its own Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataburger

However, it appears there's also Feltner's Whattaburger, in Russellville, Arkansas, with no connection to that big chain. I'm guessing that's the one that you guys are referring to. Am I right?

Right, the one and only Feltner's Whattaburger in Russellville, AR. No relation at all to that Texas fast food chain with a similar name.

Feltner's motto is "We guarantee fast service no matter how long it takes."

Bob

Absolutely but for some reason & I don't know why, I can't get lascalas off my mind. The only time i've heard them was at Bob's and at the factory with the 402 on top.

I really think I need major room treatments, hard surfaces everywhere.

Arky,

The LaScalas are fabulous sounding speakers. I also have a slight preference for the sound of Lascalas or Khorns horn loaded bass. I miss having LaScala's in my house. LaScala's do need a sub, IMO, to get some music right. No dissing of LaScalas, they are simply limited by the dimensions of that bass horn. No sub needed with Khorns, ever, IMO. What is so cool about the Cornscalas is that they offer the HF of a LaScala or Khorn along with the deep digging bass of a CW. Pretty cool in one package. I used to love listening to LaScalas in the carport. Let em breathe outside and wowie.

• 1 year later...