Everyone loves pictures!

fini

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mark. They certainly don't make receivers like this one anymore...and you should've heard how clean these 85 solid-state watts are with your old cherry RB-75s! The TimeFrames are virtually as sweet sonically; I could get used to this setup for quite some time.

Thanks, Mark. They certainly don't make receivers like this one anymore...and you should've heard how clean these 85 solid-state watts are with your old cherry RB-75s! The TimeFrames are virtually as sweet sonically; I could get used to this setup for quite some time.

I picked up a 100 watt Pioneer SX-780 in rather nice shape for a friend of mine. I had it for a couple weeks and used it with my LaScala's.

One day I played "Lazy" from DP's "Made In Japan", and decided to go for broke. A ratted out Hammond can really scream through LaScalas. I dunno how accurate those meters were, but I couldn't get either one of them over a watt without donning ear plugs.

post-6643-1381942859101_thumb.jpg

Man those RB-75's sure got around! Glad they found a good home with you Jim, and you're enjoying them. I miss them every once in a while. They do alot of things right. Here is a pic of my sweet sounding Pioneer SX-650 that I refurbed.

Jeremy

post-17815-13819428609068_thumb.jpg

You've got my old '75s? I didn't know that. Those are fabulous little speakers. Those Pioneers and Sansuis from the Golden Age are really cool works of industrial design. Like looking at a '56 Buick Roadmaster or something.

Yep, you had sold 'em to Ben Clarke, and later he sold 'em to me...and I love them! They sound fabulous with SET, PP and even '70s monster SS receivers!

"...I dunno how accurate those meters were, but I couldn't get either one of them over a watt without donning ear plugs."

So true, Mike. With the RB-75s and the power meters on the G-7000 just peaking at 1 watt each, you have to shout at another person in the same room just to be heard!

Man those RB-75's sure got around! Glad they found a good home with you Jim, and you're enjoying them. I miss them every once in a while. They do alot of things right. Here is a pic of my sweet sounding Pioneer SX-650 that I refurbed.

Thank you, Jeremy. They are great sounding monitors. And that Pioneer is really nice...looks like it just came off the assembly line (and it was 1978 all over again). Bet it sounds as great as it looks too!

I don't know about that Bee-Gee back there, but you sure have some handsome young boys there!

THX Mark, I have to give all that credit to their mother[;)] I always sent OB update photo's of the boys and he used to make me laugh saying he could be a surrogate grandpa on my side since I lost my parents when I was 11. I'm sure missing my rockin' buddy[:(]

What a great thread to come back to! I did a quickie trip up to Mt. Shata to winterize the house up there. I was probably a week too late. The water in the toilets was frozen! I got the Monitor 2400 keroseen heater fired up (trying to keep the place a comfy 50 degrees, or so), put a 40-watt bulb in a keyless fixture on each toilet seat, shut down the H20, and said a prayer! God, the mountain was pretty!!

Here's Shasta from over 100 miles away (in the Central Valley):

post-3580-13819428617962_thumb.jpg