Promedia 5.1 THX control pod question

isburns

Does the Promedia 5.1 Ultra control pod work with the Promedia 5.1 THX system? I mangled the power button on my THX control pod and I'd like to know what options I've got. Is the volume control on the Ultra control pod less temperamental then the THX control pod? Are there any other differences?

Also, I tried searching but couldn't find anything. Where did the 5.1 forum go and why was it taken away? I notice that clicking on Promedia 5.1 tags in the Popular Tags box points to many posts in the 5.1 forum that no longer exists (http://forums.klipsch.com/tags/Promedia+5.1+Amp/default.aspx for example). I'm not very happy that this resource was lost, I can't even access any of my previous posts, even though they show up when you click on my post count.

Thanks
Shea

I can get you a control pod for your system, The 5.1 Ultra Control pod is not compatable, do not try it or you will likely damage the system to the point where it will be non-operational. I have a brand new 5.1 pod in stock now and I also have a used one coming in this week. Please Email me if you are interested and we can go from there.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Do you have anothre ProMedia 5.1 control pod? My volume does not respond correctly as well. (jumps around sporadically)

This is for the Original ProMedia 5.1 THX (NOT the Ultra)

I'll email your aim address as well thanks.

~Jon

• 8 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I have one of the original ProMedia 5.1 THX systems which I haven't used in at least a year because the controller just working. It doesn't power on! Before this I was having issues with some of the speakers not working, I think rear might have been totally out and one of the front channels didn't work. I figured this was an issue with my PCs motherboard which I had just replaced not to long before. So, its now much later and my motherboard just went bad and I'm in the process of rebuilding my system. I've now plugged my woofer in elsewhere and the controller to the sub and the light still is not coming on. At this point I have no idea if anything is working.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be, has my sub gone bad or maybe the controller. I really miss using this system, thought I'd get it working for the new system but now it appears not. I just saw that there seems to be another 5.1 system with the tower controller. Are these controllers interchangeable? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thumbnail_IMG_7344.jpg

• 1 year later...