What was the stranges Christmas present you gave or asked of you?

Guest " "

I had a request from someone I had not talked to in 30 years to meet so that I offer advice on her pending marriage. We met, had a drink, I actually met her husband to be, gave my approval, I told her to go for it, and was invited to the wedding to give her away.

I did not attend the wedding, nor have we spoken since.

One year Dad told us three boys that we'd been bad and would probably just get a bag of rocks for Christmas. I guess it was his take on the old 'lump o coal in the stocking' trick.

We jumped out of bed on Christmas morning and right in the hallway were three little brown lunch bags with Michael, Steven, Jeffrey written on them. Inside was a pile of limestone gravel from the driveway.

He could be a cruel man, but funny in his own bizarre way.

Mom didn't think it was funny.

My wife ALWAYS dog-ears pages in a catalog for me so I have a hint...

Couple years ago she did not do that, in spite of my repeated comments about being left up to my own ideas... she never did do it.

We live out in the boonies and it's really a bad moment when I need a battery charged AND she had this punky little shop vac that would barely suck up a feather sooooooooooooo

I got her a nice battery charger and a strong shopvac. When she opened them and after showing me her disdain for them, the shopvac got turned on. Well, big suck in means big blow out... the discharge was facing the Christmas tree and just about blew it over and DID knock some things off the tree. It was a nice insult added to the injury.

Still haven't heard the end of that one however, it DID cure her of forgetting about giving me ideas.

I got a box of Arm & Hammer laundry detergent in "White Elephant" gift exchange at work last week...WTF?

Well, I meant to talk to you about your odor when you were here to visit...but I was too busy gasping for air... [:o] [+o(] [;)]

(I'm still lauging at the thought of someone opening a gift like that at work... that's really weird)

I got a box of Arm & Hammer laundry detergent in "White Elephant" gift exchange at work last week...WTF?

Well, I meant to talk to you about your odor when you were here to visit...but I was too busy gasping for air... SurpriseIck!Wink

(I'm still lauging at the thought of someone opening a gift like that at work... that's really weird)

[:P]

Let me start with a little background information; My wifes sister is married to a real piece of work.

I dated my wife for 5.5 years before asking her to mary me and her sister had been dating this guy 6 months. I asked first and we set a date. Out of the blue, he asked her after we had set the date, and he sets their date several weeks earlier as my wifes parents don't have much so they get more stuff and money for their wedding. First christmas the guy asks a bunch of family members for the receipts after christmas so he can return those presents that he didn't like and gets people mad at him. Second christmas he asks the family to include all receipts to be included in the presents to them, so they can return the things they don't like for the money without offending anyone. The family doesn't comply, so on the third christmas, he prints up a list of the things they want people to give them and distribute them to the family prior to christmas. The family does not comply, so on the fourth christmas, this _____ hole buys a bunch of the stuff they want, and prints out an itemized list of the things they bought themselves and the prices they paid for them, including tax, and distributes these lists via mail stating they want the family members to pick a gift and send them that ammount of cash, and they will check off that present as having been given by that family member!!!

This guy is CHEAP!!! but he doesn't ask for cheap stuff. One year, I found out before christmas, without him knowing that I found out, that he was getting me 1 craftsman 2 foot long woodworking clamp!!! I didn't have any of these, and they are pretty worthless if you don't have at least two or more, and a short 2 foot clamp is even more worthless, so I went to Sears, and bought the same exact gift for him, and paced it up real well in a giant box so it wouldn't move, and I wrapped it for him. Now keep in mind that this is a guy that can't swim and wears a ski vest in the in-laws pond, he was wearing water wings for several years at first and he was in his 30s at the time. He is an IT guy for Marathon Oil Corp, plays the piano and tenis. The first couple of years he would not go in the water above his knees!! In other words, a real mans man, and you can just about figgure how much use he had for a tool of any kind what-so-ever.

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!

Ow. My ribs hurt from laughing. Reminds me of one of my old roommates. He was so cheap he put a GROSS of paper towels on his Christmas wish list. His brother gave him the paper towels. No lie, we had 163 rolls of paper towels in our kitchen and storage closet.

so I went to Sears, and bought the same exact gift for him, and paced it up real well in a giant box so it wouldn't move, and I wrapped it for him.

Traditions die hard..... A Christmas Play in two acts

Act 1 - Scene 1 (Christmas time, last year...)

WAF: Honey, what do you want for Christmas?

GLA51: Some peace and quiet....

WAF: That's not funny!!! What do you want? I always get you new socks? How bout a nice pair of socks?

GLA51: Nope... You always get me at least 4 pairs and unless I'm at work I'm always barefoot or in flip flops so why do I need any more socks?

WAF: That's not funny. We'd have more guests if you wore socks and stopped wearing bib overalls and that stupid straw hat all the time....

GLA51: Ok... Ok!!! I'll wear jeans, socks and a clean t-shirt whenevr someone is coming over, but NO socks. I have 80 pairs of the things in the closet!!! I've started suing some of them to stuff speakers!!!

WAF: Well just what do you want?

GLA51: I told you... Peace and quiet!!!

WAF: Huhm.....

Act-1, Scene 2 (Christmas morning last year.....)

GLA51: Oh boy!!! a present!!! For me!!! (mad ripping noises and paper flying...) Socks!!!! I don't need anymore socks!!!!

WAF: (the silent treatment....)

GLA51: Why the silent treatment?

WAF: Well... you said you wanted peace and quiet; besides you always get socks and since you promised to wear socks around the house, I decided you needed a nice pair....

Segue to the present day... Act -II, Scene 1

WAF: What do you want for Christmas....

GLA51: Whatever you think is right, dearest love of my life!!!

Intermission...

Act-II, Scene 2.... To be continued.....

• Moderators

OK it wasn't Christmas, it was Easter but my aunt gave me a box of rabbit poop from the Easter bunny when I was about 5 years old. Indifferent

No wonder you went into landscaping! It's awesome fertilizer, your aunt was either psychic or pushing you in the right direction...LOL.

Possible but I think I was just bad ! [A] Same aunt that would give us a tablespoon of whiskey with a sugar cube in it if we even looked like we were going to cough or get sick ![:|] Hey that could be why I was bad, I was always running around the yard buzzing !