mikebse2a3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey fini

The chair called "Zita" was manufactured by Lay-Z-Boy a few years ago and I believe is now out of production. The one I have was made with their highest Grade of Leather ($$$ but was well worth the difference in cost). They do have some other very nice chairs that look somewhat similar in style. The chair fits me great (I'm 5" 11").

http://www.la-z-boy.com/furniture/catalog.aspx?cid=2&WT.ac=chairs@sidemenu

mike tn[:)]

Well, I'm in the chair this morning and I've decided today was a good day to listen to American Recordings series of Johnny Cash.

The Jubs have Johnny performing in my room! I have to admit it took me until these recordings to really appreciate his awesome talent and everything I've learned of him since has left me with a deep respect for him as a human being who had issues like all of us but fundamentaly a very kind man by many accounts and what an interesting life he must have lived.

I hope to meet you "Down There By The Train" Johnny!

Rest In Peace!

mike tn

post-14473-13819436145358_thumb.jpg

Mine's a glider with a lot of miles on it. You probably can't tell but the back pad is supplemented by two sound pads pulled from the innards of a Kg 5.2.

It's handy because by utilizing the gliding function you can add more reverb to rock and roll guitars.

post-14801-13819436277618_thumb.jpg

LOL...you guys crack me up![:D]

And we won't discuss what's left of my fleshy protuberance on an open forum...[:$]

Gregg, I think it's a piece of wood molding to match the other armrest.[^o)]

And my actual listening chair is also my leather office chair in front of my computer desk.[:(]

• Moderators

Mine's a glider with a lot of miles on it. You probably can't tell but the back pad is supplemented by two sound pads pulled from the innards of a Kg 5.2.

It's handy because by utilizing the gliding function you can add more reverb to rock and roll guitars.

I have sat in that chair and can attest that it truly is a great sweetspot. The perfect place to enjoy a cup of Salada.

Travis

Many of my forum buds have sat in this chair. Even one person (who shall remain nameless) tumbled backwards as the bed risers gave way.[:o] You can see from the picture that I elevate the chair in an attempt to sit level with the mid horn. The risers, stolen from my daughter's dorm room, actually serve their purpose rather well.

post-11821-1381943642069_thumb.jpg

It was a trap Gary. That things a menace. [:$][:@] All the guys were gathered round, I swear one of them kicked one of the risers out, starting with a chain of events that ended with yours truly on your basement floor in a heap.

Me, I sit in #2 (from the right) of 4 of Coaster Recliners, black, arranged in arc around 42" plasma.

That is pitiful. Sorry to have to say it, dude, but it is.

It may look pitiful to you, dude, but if I wanted to impress you I would have taken a picture of the $4,000 leather sofa in my Cornwall room which, by the way, is not nearly as comfortable as my pitiful chair. I promise you will never have the opportunity to stoop so low as to have to see it in person.