ProMedia Ultra 5.1 completely dead

sovereignty68

My amp was shipped to him via USPS Priority on July 26th, 2010. Like others, he promised me a 20 day turnaround. After sending several emails asking for updates well past the 20 day turnaround period, I finally got a response on Sept 1st that he would have it out that week. Well guess what, he didnt. I then begged him for a response throughout September. I finally got a response on September 23rd that he had shipped it out on Monday.

I get the amp, finally. I hook it up. The sound is WORSE than when I sent it out. After 3 minutes of checking my speaker hookups and such, it suddenly went POP with a large puff of smoke and died.

I contact him, obviously upset over how long it took, having it worse than before, and now fully dead. He says to send it back and hell fix it and that hes sorry. So I do as he wont give a refund for work already performed. Yeah great work. He also promises a 5 DAY turnaround this time.

I send it back on Oct. 5th again via USPS Priority Mail. He has yet to respond.

This guy is a scammer. I am out a total of around $145. Plus OODLEs of wasted time between July 26th and right now, November 11th, and dont even have my amp back.

I could NEVER EVER recommend anyone do any kind of business with this scammer.

I have given him an ultimatum to either have my fully functioning amp sent to me, or my money refunded, by Dec 1st. If he doesnt, I am going to be thrashing his name all over the internet, as well as pursuing legal action. Its his choice, at this point, I dont even care about the money anymore. I will make him regret ever screwing me over.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does my intermittent hissing despite volume knob problem fall into this same category? My Ultras still rock hard but have this constant hissing that is annoying as hell. The volume of the hiss is the same regardless what volume I have the knob set to.

On a side note:

The complaints about this Elliott chap are so wild. It all sounds an awful lot like how I treated my customers 8 years ago when I had a serious drug problem. People would pay to have their computers fixed and they would sit in my shop floor for weeks while I got plowed on their dime. Eventually I would get it back to them fixed up but I was always late and definitely wouldn't get stay in contact if I ran out of dope and got sick. Only when someone paid for some work would I be able to get going again. I have since cleaned up my act and have been clean for 7 years but I did a number on my reputation back then. It took me quite a while to get my customers back and to earn their trust again. Anyway, I just thought to myself how uncanny the resemblance was to my situation back in the day.

• 7 months later...

Elliott took me for a ride as well. I was able to file a complaint with PayPal. He refunded and kept my Amp. Told me if I wanted it back I would have to send him a money order. Yeah, like Im going to do that.

He is a dirty bird. I did my homework on him a little late. Seems like he has ripped off quite a few people. I have ties to the LE community. I plan on making some phone calls on Monday. This guy needs to be stopped.

• 3 weeks later...

TL,DR; Get yourself a new non-promedia amp and avoid the possible design flaws of the promedia control pod and amp.

These promedia speakers sound really good, however, it seems alot of promedia owners have problems with either the amp or control pod, possibly due to design flaws.

I sincerely suggest owners with broken promedias get a nice non-promedia amp to salvage these superb speakers and also to save you further trouble from these control pod or amp. If you are planning on to replace the broken parts, it will eventually brake again, as the problem is possibly due to design flaws (hence causing overheating in consistent parts of the amp, judging by the number of posts reporting the same broken capacitors, resistors, mosfets) and not the parts itself. So please, save yourself the trouble and get a new amp from some reliable source.

Here's my experience http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/155185.aspx

I got myself a nice mini cheap 2x20W amp, and I'm now a happy man again, happy enough to post back to let the miserable folks with broken promedia know that there is a way to be happy again!!

This owner and some friends made a DIY repair site for Promedia Speakers.

I'm guessing that any name brand certified stereo repair shop can repair these locally so why ship them to TX?

Check the Pioneer, Marantz etc web sites to see where the authorized shops are and take your blown amps there.

www.thompdale.com/bash_amplifier/bash_amp.htm

Plan B, as has been suggested buy a 5.1 receiver with remote, connect the 5 speakers 30 Watts each, 4 ohms (not 8), and pick up a used woofer off of Craigs list locally. This may be the best way to go once your promedia amp is fried. Used receivers that are pre HDMI interfaces sell at steep discounts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm

I also sent my amp to eliott4113@yahoo.com in Cedar Hill , Texas.

He replied pretty quick when he obtain new customer and send invoice, I mean fairly good communicate, once he recieve your amp, I sent the amp on Dec 6, and paid on paypal on Dec 6 also, by fedex, packing well, he say he will do his best to send it back before christmas. However after I sent, he become so quiet and ignored me for 2 weeks, surprisely, remind me of those people who early start business early ignore the customer.

But worry not,

Cedar Hill is not too far from Dallas, we will be visiting Dallas in New Year, will drop by his place to see how is the progress going.

Oh, if he wanted to scam you, he could have ask you to send you the whole speakers/module/controller. And he wouldn't provide a shipping address to his place, I doubt he have a hard time, but you guys are right, he does ignored you guys which is definatly not a good customer service, at least he should keep the customer up to date with a status. Just like another customer review, SLOW but RELIABLE, but not PUNCTUAL

• 1 month later...

I too have been scammed by Elliott Sanchez. I sent him my amp with payment last October 16th and was told it would take the usual 20 days. I emailed him again on 12/6/11 and he said it needed a Bash amp and would take a little longer but he would ship it then. Since then I have emailed him several times with no response. I would like to just get the amp back and have it repaired. Did you ever go to his house? You can Google the address and see his little house. I have tried to file a claim with PayPal but they claim the transaction is too old to file. My bank says that the Visa debit transaction was processed as a "check" so the statute of limitations has passed on that also. I sure would like to meet this guy. Many people have been scammed and hs needs to be stopped.

I was one of the lucky ones who got my amp back but only after I assured him I'd google his name and flame him on every

board I found him on. However, his 'repair' only lasted a few weeks and then my amp blew again. I sure wish I'd saved my time, effort,

and money and just put that amp in the trash where it belonged. Elliott was my second attempt at repair. The first was a local electronics

repair shop who charged me $150 and it blew about 8 minutes after I got it home and fired it up.

There is an emotional attachment to these systems that we all have. Simply put, nothing sounds as good. Mine lasted 12 years. But

when they are gone. Man, they're gone. Grieve and move on to something less superior.

• 1 month later...

My set is still ticking along just fine; considered installing a cooling kit but haven't so far. I would agree that once a fix or two has been attempted and system has failed; just use the speakers with another amp, the drivers are of good quality. Disconnect the bass speakers from the amp board, run wires through the sub enclosure port or make a new back plate and add connectors there if you want to get rid of the amp boards.

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted elliot-tronics after seeing some positive posts on some websites. I come across this one and it seems that the over a month and the lack of response is the norm from him. I hope this isn't someone that just takes the money and equipment, as I had to ship my amp to him, and runs. There was another post on here about seeking legal action and I will have to look into it if there is no further communication from him. True there is a website through yahoo, but the number on it does not go through and he does not answer e-mails. As for the excus of e-mails going to a spam folder the below e-mails had no issues.

My last communication was as follows:

April, 26 20112

Elliot,

This is the third request for status. As stated below you were set to ship the amp on Monday. We are now on Thursday and you haven’t even responded as to if it has been shipped. Is there an issue?

Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:31 PM
To: Eric
Subject: Re: Klipsch THX Promedia 5.1 System

I have it ready and will ship it Monday.

Elliott

To: 'elliot-tronics.com' <eliott4113@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:28 PM
Subject: RE: Klipsch THX Promedia 5.1 System

Its Saturday and I have not heard back from you. How are we doing on the returned repair?

Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 10:50 AM
To: Eric
Subject: Re: Klipsch THX Promedia 5.1 System

Should be ready this week, if you don't hear from me please check back before Friday.

Elliott

To: 'Elliott' <eliott4113@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 4:39 PM
Subject: RE: Klipsch THX Promedia 5.1 System

Following up on the amp status.

• 3 months later...

TL,DR; Get yourself a new non-promedia amp and avoid the possible design flaws of the promedia control pod and amp.

These promedia speakers sound really good, however, it seems alot of promedia owners have problems with either the amp or control pod, possibly due to design flaws.

I agree

parkinson's treatment

cell treatment

• 10 years later...