Red Wine Audiophiles

russ69

Gimme anything from Switchback Ridge and a thick bloody rare steak.

Bob Foley is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vertical vintages of Pride,Switchback,and Foley in storage. Also lots of Dead Arm,E & E Black Pepper, Oracle,Paul Hobbs,Zapata, and too many Brunellos to list.Lots of old Dunhoff, Nigl,Muller Cator and Brindlemier rieslings-(white wine audiophile? gotta have something to drink with raw fish-helps kill the taste). Went completely crazy buying wine during the early 2000s Lots of stuff now ready to drink!!!! Cracked a bottle of Sportoletti Villa Fidelia 1999 last night. A 96 pointer from Parker when released back 8 or 9 years ago. As expected it was totally ridiculious.The big Syraz wines from Barossa vintages 1998 to 2002 are really starting to come around. I have several 6 packs of 2001 Dead Arm 98- Parker points- that I am dying to try. I have a special group of 1997 Napa cabs that are also on my short term endangered list.

This Klipsch habit is cutting into my wine/cigar/car/gun money!!!!!!!!! Or is it the other way around?????

Uncorked a '95 J Lohr Cabernet at Christmas and a Jocobs Shiraz - to go with the gorgonzola tenderloin

• The cellar holds J Lohr ('96-2006) all cabernets
  • Turning Leaf - cabernets (Copperridge is the commercial name)
  • Yellow Tail - Cabs, Shiraz and Pinot Noir
  • few bottles of Berringer (cab)
  • and some "Witches Brew"

Just polished off a couple of cases of Yellow Tail as at $5.99 a bottle, one can't hardly avoid drinking it almost daily. I'm always looking for sales and try to hone in on the brands I drink. Just found J Lohr on sale for $12.99/btl when normally it will run nearly $20. I've found Turning Leaf on sale for as little as 2 for $11 - when normally a bottle will run $8.99. Yellow tail can be had fairly regularly for under $6.50/btl although it retails for almost $8.

Red Wine and Klipsch are a marriage made for me. Throw in a little 3rd Force or Govi or Jesse Cook, and I'm crusin' easy.

My next thread will be about the "Jaegermiester Audiophiles".

We're ready!!!! Iced down in the freezer for the next boom-box & pool party!!!

Jaeger!!! A fine liqueur for the con-e-sewer!!!! Seriously, it was never intended for the "uses" that most put it to.... It's a "krauter liqueur" (herbal liqueur) for an after supper "apertif" that supposedly settles the stomach. There were several of that genre in Germany, the other one that comes to mind is "Asbach Uralt" which one of my ex-father-in-laws swore by. JM was, however, the GI favorite because it tasted like a combination of licorice and some weird exotic rocket fuel from Planet 10 in the 8th Dimension....

Seriously, it was never intended for the "uses" that most put it to.... It's a "krauter liqueur" (herbal liqueur) for an after supper "apertif" that supposedly settles the stomach.

Now you tell me. I must have been "misusing" it because it always had an unsettling effect for me. [D] [D] [D] + JM = [:P]

"Asbach Uralt" which one of my ex-father-in-laws swore by

Asbach is a brandy - not an aperitif - although I suppose it could be used as such.

The bars around Ramstein used to peddle it to GI's mixed with Coke - brandy & Coke. Yuck, what a waste...

James