Seperate room for stereo / room for HT

I was curious how many people seperate their systems. One for home theater, and one for 2 channel stereo. I notice that sometimes when I want to listen to music...I don't want to be sitting in front of the tv in the room dedicated for watching movies and stuff.

And on that note...if you were to put together a SIMPLE...good, moderately expensive 2 channel stereo, how would you go about it? Forte II's, good tube amp, CD player...done?

Or......you can have your HT room double as a 2-channel room using a switchbox that we've discussed in other threads.

I happen to do both. My HT room doubles as a 2-channel room with Cornwalls and an old tube integrated but I also have a separate, more high-end 2-channel only listening room where I play only vinyl. I suppose it all depends on what is important to you and what you want to spend. If the rest of your family wants to watch tv, a 2nd room is a must IMO.

Hearth room has LS/CW/KLF-C7 with Yamaha receiver and Samsung Plasma set along with Coaster recliners for TV viewing and also high powered stereo listening. This is the main system that gets used every day. I have the LS set up very wide and usually listen to my stereo sources in stereo or 2.1 with the THX subs, NEVER in multi-channel (garbled) mode.

Gallery has Khorns, CW, Jamo C830, and others hooked up to Sansui 9900A integrated and switcher box so I can listen in two channel and do comparisons. No DSP, video sources or screens in this room at all. My highest quality audio source components also reside here.

Office has HK730 with forte II and is also wired to patio speakers and kitchen CDT 5800 ceiling speakers. This uses the iMac for jukebox.

But I hear the amp switcher box dealie is a great way to go. GaryMD has a very elegant and variable system in his family room that doesn't overwelm you with components but accomplishes exactly what he wants to do with multiple amps and a single set of CW mains.

I think separate rooms and systems, one for two-channel music and one for multi-channel and/or home theater are definitely the way to go, if you have the space available. (Thank goodness for basements and attics, so even po' folks can spread out!)

If I had a bigger budget I would go nuts with all these ideas. It's only me and my lady in our house, but the house is huge. Right now the HT is in a 12x12 spare bedroom, which seems to workout perfect for theater, but it does seem a little wierd just hangin out and listening to music, since there are only 4 seats in the room. I need to dump a lot of money into new hardwood floors in the living room, but it is a huge area with a fireplace and I was planning on adding a two channel stereo set-up in it. I just didn't know how involved to get with it or if I should just keep building into the HT room and use it as both before I go buying stuff for another room. Right now I'm set-up as follows:

KLF 20's, KLF C7(soon), RW-10, S-3's

Denon 2808CI

DMP 35 BD player and a sweet 61" samsung DLP

Should I look into a tube amp for the KLF's for now?

I have a separate and enclosed room for the HT using a full RF-7 compliment. I keep the 2 channel in the main part of the home with Khorns, etc.... I then keep a surround sound set up in the master bedroom which is also set up to run as a 2 channel. I also run a complete outdoor system when there's not 5 feet of snow. But the HT and the main 2 channel are really tailored for their specific purposes and neither are compromised.

If you buy a tube amp now, you can always move it into a new system in the living room if you decide to go that route at some point. Did you have something specific in mind? We here on the Klipsch Forum are always happy to help spend other people's money :) .......not to mention our own.

haha...my girl is LOVIN me after finding this forum (yea right). "Why do we need to drive 4 hours to spend another $500 on speakers!?" Me: klipsch is awsome.

I'm looking for a start. I've always used SS AVR type stuff. My recent discovery of klipsch has changed how I think about things now. Should I use my Denon 2808 as a pre/pro for a good tube amp? I don't know how much to spend, or where to even begin. I'm thinking the amp will eventually be pushing something like forte IIs in another room...and more than likely...there will be no sub for a while. I'd like to get a little more out of my KLF 20's right now, but I don't know if something for under $500 will sound that much better than my denon.

haha...my girl is LOVIN me after finding this forum (yea right).  "Why do we need to drive 4 hours to spend another $500 on speakers!?"  Me: klipsch is awsome.

I'm looking for a start.  I've always used SS AVR type stuff.  My recent discovery of klipsch has changed how I think about things now.  Should I use my Denon 2808 as a pre/pro for a good tube amp?  I don't know how much to spend, or where to even begin.  I'm thinking the amp will eventually be pushing something like forte IIs in another room...and more than likely...there will be no sub for a while.  I'd like to get a little more out of my KLF 20's right now, but I don't know if something for under $500 will sound that much better than my denon.

I wouldn't try to think of your choices as "better" but as "Different"

different gear has different flavors and you don't need to spend a ton of $$ .....I have a vintage Sansui in my office with heresy II's that was under $200 that will give many big dollar systems a run for the money.....

I find the way to keep it simple is to have different set ups, my main 2 channel rig has run into serious bucks (because I keep striving for a particular sound) your Denon is a nice unit, you need to decide what you want out of your 2 channel rig and budget accordingly. You may only perceive a very small difference between a $1000 rig and a $10000 Rig......is that small difference important to you? To some it's all the difference in the world, others ...not worth it....