poll...opinions needed

dtel

• Moderators

Ah, you're in the 'something must go' mode?

Depends on the amount of 2 channel listening you do. I'd much rather have the CWIII's for stereo and they make great HT mains.

How about a third CWIII for center (if you have the space) and keep your forte's for surrounds?

EDIT, let me recant that. So you'll be using the MWM/402/K69 for 2 ch mains? How about using them for the HT also?

A Heresy wouldn't be a good center for that setup, so moving to CWIII/HIII/CWIII makes sense. You could use forte or forteII for surround just fine with that setup, or move into Heresies. I'd rather keep the fortes because you could run them as LARGE if you wanted.

M

I thought about using the MWM/402/k69 as front L&R and something ? for a center, but That could be a nightmare using a Dx38 for the MWM's and trying to tie it in for HT ( for me at least).

Bill went all out when he did his and that is more than I could spend just in electronics alone.

The only reason I am able to do the MWM thing is because of JW for giving me a very good price on the DX38 and 402 and Mark for the same on the K69's....Thanks to both of them, I really appreciate it, this would not have happened without them.

I was just thinking about later trying to redo some of the others, all I need is one HT and one 2 CH setup in the living room. The Cornwall's are not going anywhere, no matter what. And I don't like the Fll's on the stands behind the Clll's. [:S]

Where the tree is at is where the monsters would go.

post-11804-1381943671139_thumb.jpg

dtel: I have to agree that the forté II is one great speaker and probably better in bass response but, for overall sound, the Cornwall III is even more amazing. I have the Cornwall III, Heresy III configuration and feel that it is finally the sound that I have been searching for for years. Even my wife, who is satisfied with a 4" speaker radio, has admitted that I have finally achieved my goal. According to her, it is "clear and wonderful to listen to." She even has sat down and listened to some music with me from time to time, a major accomplishment for Klipsch since she is more of a background listener.

• Moderators

I think your right Frank 1938, Michael gave me the idea of just one H lll for a center and leave the f ll's in the rear, that would remove the front 2 f ll's,that's really what I wanted to do , free up some space across the front. And it's still a match across the front because all mid horns and tweeters are the same, the rear would just be a little different, not as important as the front three.

I guess I'll have to go against the grain here. I recently heard Cornwalls (Is) for the first time and I do love them. Actually trying to make a deal to obtain some, BUT as my situation dictates that HT takes priority and IF HT is the primary purpose of the system I would chose all matching Fortes. I had some Forte IIs for a short while and the bass was not lacking, HT mode would probably unload them anyway, sending the LFE to the sub, and the absolute match across the front would be the cat's meow.

• Moderators

With " Belles LCR w/BEC tweeters and 4500 xovers" you sure know what the cat's meow sounds like ! [Y]

When I first started doing this everyone here said get a perfect match across the front, they were right, it makes a hugh difference.

No contest 5 FIIs. That would be killer. I am probably in the minority but I think the Forte II actually sounds better then the cornwall. And any any time your HT can have all the speakers be the same the better. I had F2 mains with an Academy center and it was nice. I later had Chorus/Academy/Forte II. I can only imagine how nice an all Forte II HT would be. Best of luck.

For me the Cornwalls have over exaggerated bass. On a side by side comparison they draw you in because the bass is so prominent, but they just are not realistic IMO.

For me the Cornwalls have over exaggerated bass. On a side by side comparison they draw you in because the bass is so prominent, but they just are not realistic IMO.

I don't find that with the Cornwall III's. They actually produce less bass in my setup than the forte II's did. I even set the x-over a little lower to give them a little more punch but, then, every setup is different. Dtel, what is your feeling about the bass? I think Iager found them less bassy also.

• Moderators

I don't find that with the Cornwall III's. They actually produce less bass in my setup than the forte II's did. I even set the x-over a little lower to give them a little more punch but, then, every setup is different. Dtel, what is your feeling about the bass? I think Iager found them less bassy also.

I can't really say, I have never heard a Cornwall l or ll .[:o]

I know with the 3 forte ll's have a perfect match, after the last few years of this I am a little worried about not being happy with a Hll center and Clll mains.

OneCall has the Hll black referb for $499 + $50 shipping when the time comes I may look for something like this, buy a single and try it before I get rid of a pair of f ll's. Parting with the forte's is the hard part !

Well It's not going to happen anytime soon anyway so I have plenty of time to think about it.

My bad, I read the original post at Cornwall did not see "III". I have not actually heard the C3's. I still think all 5 speakers being the same is the way to go and you can't go wrong with F2s.

It surely is a nice "problem" to have.[;)]

I need some opinions what would you rather have for HT ?

#1... 5 forte ll's..... plus sub

#2...2 Cornwall lll's and 3 Heresy lll's for center and rears.... plus sub

Hi Eldon,

My vote, as you might guess, would be for Jubilees. [;)] However . . . . . .

How about using the Cornwall III's for rear (cuz you'll never sell those!!!).

For the LCR front, (if not Jub LF) LaScala's (using the bass bins) with the 402/K69 on top driven by Crown XTi. For center channel, you may need the 510/K69 if 402 too big. Mount the Crown amps in a semi portable amp rack or wire the speaker output through the house to provide power for your MCM's outside. You could tote the 402's from inside on top of the LaScalas to the outside on top of the the MWM's. If the MCM's are in use outside with the 402's, you would still have the LaScala's inside for the HT.

A Denon (or similar) receiver's internal amps could drive the rear Cornwalls for HT. The preamp out of the receiver will drive the 3 Crown XTi for LCR main. When the 402/K69 go outside with the MWM, Left and Right main LaScala (full range) can be driven by Denon receiver while XTi's are doing outside duty with their DSP switched to MWM/402.

Sell Forte's, buy 3 Crown XTi ($1200 for three), buy a pair of used LaScala, buy one used LaScala bass bin, buy one 510/K69.

Maximum flexibility, maximum audio nervana (short of Jub LF), minimum capital outlay. [H]

The magic of this approach, as you already know, is the horn-loaded bass bins with the 402.

• Moderators

Bhendrex, what it will be is MWM/402 L & R inside for 2 CH or later maybe HT also. I don't have room for a 402 for center or even a LaScala bottom maybe a 510 or another commercial speaker for center ?

Really for now I just need to get the MWM/402 thing going and that will take some time. Then I will try and figure out how to do HT considering removing a couple speakers from the front will look better and be less crowded.

As much as I like the Cornwall lll's it would be hard to listen to them with the MWM/402 right next to them for 2 CH, and no where else in the house to put them, and then there's the 6 forte's. [:S] It's an addiction, but so are the big ones ! [Y]