Nice Cornbreadwalls on AudiogoN...

Deang

deang,

I normally don't take time to chastise, because I usually prefer to stay in the positve lane of life, but I think maybe you should take a moment to read some of the references in the AudiogoN ad for the Cornwall sale. I'll give the the long version url of a review done by a Belgian audiophile group and the short version, or Conclusion url. Take the time to educate yourself and remember it's "Cornwall", not Cornbreadwall. Show respect for the Heritage that enabled you to enjoy what's in your residence.

The complete evaluation

The bottom line

Klipsch out.

1975 Belle Klipsch

Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondogs

Cary SLP90L Preamplifier

Asusa modified PP-1 Phono preamplifier

Rega 3 turntable, Rega 300 tonearm; Elys cartridge

AH!Tjoeb99 CD Player

Additional 2 Channel system in the works.

1983 Cornwalls

HF-81

X= unknown, but likely Rega Planet CDP

HT

KLF-20 fronts

KLF-C7 center

RS3-II surround

KSW-15 sub

KSW-12 sub

55" 16x9 Mitsubishi

Yamaha RXV 795

Toshiba SD-3105

Panasonic VHS

DISH Sat

This message has been edited by jazman on 02-08-2002 at 06:22 PM

LOL, you can relax Jazman - yes, I was playing up to that 'other' thread where I was smacked around in grand style by the Heritage brotherhood Smile.gif

I am well aware of what many here feel about those beasts and was really just helping out my my distant family members by letting them all know of a good deal on speakers I know they love.

My jesting is strictly in fun.

------------------

deanG

deang,

Sorry to sound so abrasive. I'm sure everyone in this forum has anguished much over each speaker selection before layng down their dollars. The bottom line is we all chose Klipsch, and each selection filled a particular need or requirement at that time. Even if you make an incorrect choice, what other speaker will provide such a large willing marketplace of people willing to take it off your hands. My point, it's a simple one, lets not knock one to elevate the other. They all bring something to the table. PEACE!

Klipsch out.

Show respect for Whirlpool? How about respect for Altec Voice Of The Theater? Same league? I think not.

Sorry about the post, but respect for Altec VOT's, Khorns, Porsche 911's, the venerable Colt 1911, et cetera are ... well, you know.

Incidently Tom, I have sincerely enjoyed your well rounded posts concerning horns.

Rock on,

Andy

What a great topic everyone, I loved reading it! Keep it up, lol

Jon Smile.gif

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

Hey guys, I respect PWK, John Hilliard, Jim Lansing and John Browning but not the stuff they made, the stuff I like and the people I respect. And my Whirlpools I like alot, given the choice between having VOTs or having washing machines....well I ain't too handy with a washtub and scrubbing board. And the only thing I use clothespins for....well, never mind.

I, for one, have had the highest respect for washing machines ever since I was about 5 or 6. I was spending time with Grandma, probably bored, and bugging her. She handed me a little peep toy thingie- a tiny plastic telescoping tube you look into to see a slide of, say, Yosemite Falls or Yosemite Sam. Well, that's what Grandma thought was the subject matter, when, in fact, it contained the classic "***-in-a-Wringer" shot (probably purchased by Grandpa from an ad in the back of a "nudie" magazine). Still got it, and that image is burned into my memory deeper than almost any other. Heart-warming family tale, eh? Good night, John-Boy...

fini