Recever pre outs ?

Allstarmike

Hi guys just wondering if most of the common av receivers have the same quality pre out signal ,I'm going to be buying a receiver soon, nothing too high end hk,marantz something like that but will definitely be using separate amps in the near future.I know that with my current yahama the quality of the sub out sucks and of coarse It doesn't even have pre outs for fronts,center and rear.I just want to make certain that my next receiver will have quality outs because eventually it will be for decoding only and maybe rears.

Thanks in advanced [:D]

It's a good question. I'll find out soon enough as I just bought a Yamaha RX V995 which is a 10 year old HT reciever. I'll run all viseo directly to my RPTV and use the pre outs for my external amp...I'm taking out a Yamaha RX Z1 and moving it downstairs, so I'll have a decent idea I think.

Just went through the same exercise a few months back. looked at Sony, HK , Marantz, Denon with the intention of using the receiver as a decoder/preamp only. It came down to a choice between the Marantz and the Sony. When the 4300 ES4300 Sony was upgraded to another model with an extra 25 WPC and the price was cut form 1400 to 650 the decision became easy. Sony does not get much play on this board but if you stick to the ES series. I don't believe you can go wrong at$ 650. I think that they are all gone but if you can find one on closeout, the ES4300 is worth a look. It is my understanding from asking many people that I trust that there is no difference in the preamp outs among this group of brands. Any of them are fine as I understand it. This way you can set aside having to worry about the power amplifier section and concentrate on the other features for your selection.

I picked up some killer serarate amps from e- bay that were a few years old. 200% improvement particulary at medium to high volume levels. THe difference is night and day. Just make sure you do your homework and pick highly rated amps wth clean power. You will be very happy with the results.

The H-K AVR 254 & 354 I've been using have nice features and a good sound IMO.

I agree with Eskimo1. Get the 254 ($389 and free shipping at Amazon.com). The processing is excellent and it will do all (and more) that you want to do. Add the Emotiva amps as you have the money. I am using the 254 pre/pro with an Aragon 2007 amp for BluRay discs and CD's. Couldn't be more pleased.

Frank

Hi guys I picked up a marantz sr5003 av recever with all the pre outs and all the hd formats this weekend got it home hooked it up(1hr reading 1hr wiring and 1hr adjusting lol ) and WOW !! It was like a match made in heaven I could not beleve my ears it was like I got some new higher end speakers or something then I notice that this amp is capable of bi-amping my fronts so what the hee let's give it a try, no use of letting 2 channels go to waste right (I use 5.1)and ,you gussed it WOW !! LOL I think I'm going to hold off on using seprates till I get my rf-83s as this is all the power the rf82 can safely handle imho.oh ya just to let you know I did hook up the pre outs and they all sounded great big inprovement from my old amp thanks for all your advice guys !