Custom 3 cables

gmg888

Even better?

As a Canadian, after completing a support request through promedia@klipsch.com, I was redirected to www.microncanada.ca whom never even responded to my request for assistance.

Needless to say, if no one gets back to me before the warranty period expires, I will be boycotting Klipsch and dissuading anyone in all of the online/local communities I frequent to support Klipsch at all.

I personally don't feel like I have unrealistic expectations, and so far, it has been an extremely disappointing ownership experience.
I hope if anyone on this board actually has pull within the Klipsch organization, that s/he will find the time to bring our concerns to the attention of someone who can do something for us.

A very dissatisfied customer,
Michael

I'm very worried now that I've heard this. Infact I bought mine from London Drugs and I sent everything back to the Micron Electronics address per London Drugs' suggestion. There was no heads up on whether I should ask for an RMA etc, it was just that I send it all there so I can get a replacement. I am a little distraught since I sent it out thursday and they said it'd be 2 business days as in it's arriving today. I would like to make sure that I get them replaced. :(

So, an update for those of you that follow this thread. I have been asked to send my IEMs into Micron Canada. I have been notified I will probably get my hardware back at the end of the month.

I'm heading out of town next week and I intended to take my IEMs. Stupidly, I forgot to mention that in my communication to Klipsch, so I picked up a pair of Custom 1s to tide me over... I am happy to state that the cable sheath on this set is not kinked like my Custom 3s, and it also seems to be made of a less dense weave than the Custom 3s. They also don't sound like the Custom 3s, but I knew that already... =P

• 2 weeks later...

So, an update for those of you that follow this thread. I have been asked to send my IEMs into Micron Canada. I have been notified I will probably get my hardware back at the end of the month.

I'm heading out of town next week and I intended to take my IEMs. Stupidly, I forgot to mention that in my communication to Klipsch, so I picked up a pair of Custom 1s to tide me over... I am happy to state that the cable sheath on this set is not kinked like my Custom 3s, and it also seems to be made of a less dense weave than the Custom 3s. They also don't sound like the Custom 3s, but I knew that already... =P

You got a notification? I sent mine in late May and I've yet to receive or hear anything. granted I didn't leave an email but I'd like to know if I could make sure they got my headphones and are replacing them...

Can I somehow find out? I'm getting a little worried!

Thanks

How can I get this sorted out?

I should have said Thanks long ago to Amy and LaToya who helped me to get a replacement pair.

The new set's cables are just as stiff, and starting to show signs of a kink at the jack, but still sound awesome.

So basically after sending you a defective pair the first time, they didn't even bother to double quality check the replacment pair to ensure it would'nt happen agian? And it has already starting to show signs of suffering the same fate as the first pair right out of the box?

I should have said Thanks long ago to Amy and LaToya who helped me to get a replacement pair.

The new set's cables are just as stiff, and starting to show signs of a kink at the jack, but still sound awesome.

So basically after sending you a defective pair the first time, they didn't even bother to double quality check the replacment pair to ensure it would'nt happen agian? And it has already starting to show signs of suffering the same fate as the first pair right out of the box?

The kink didn't happen "right out of the box", but about 2 months later. It's minor for now. Personally, I think the braided reinforcement develops a loose bit, and the rubbery cable bit "herniates" out of it. I can see needing replacements again before the warranty is up, and hopefully by then this will be sorted out. but for now they're ok.

The kink didn't happen "right out of the box", but about 2 months later. It's minor for now. Personally, I think the braided reinforcement develops a loose bit, and the rubbery cable bit "herniates" out of it. I can see needing replacements again before the warranty is up, and hopefully by then this will be sorted out. but for now they're ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Same fate for my Custom 3 cable here, and just like "expatMat", I'm in France,

so I'm looking for a way of replacing my Earphones ...

My custom 3 are one year old, and to prevent the kink to cut the internal wire, (on the 2 branches)

I did cut the external stiff fabric. The wire is bare now, but way more supple (not a solution I know).

Now 5 new kinks are appearing on the main branch.

Note : I whould be happy if the replacement could take place in the UK, as it is not so far from France ...

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, I am from Minsk, Belarus and use klipsch 1 1 month, hard wire taut, from a friend klipsch 2 soft degradability wire and he uses headphones for half a year and there are no fractures, but letting their 7 O_O 3 is already on the adhesive tape. Both ordered through ebay.com. Building has gotten worse?

• 4 months later...

Hi Amy,

I have just purchased a pair of Image S4i and, like in this thread, on removing from the box I noticed that the cables were tightly kinked in places. The kinks all appear in the small diameter cables that run from the earpieces to the remote. Can you point me in the right direction for some help? - Although they appear to work ok they are not cheap headphones and I was very disappointed to see this when unpacking them. I would like the earphones replaced or a refunded, as I consider them damaged goods.

Thanks,

Stuart

• 5 months later...

i wish i woud of found this fourm 3 years ago... same cable problems[:(]. im going on my 6th replacment pair. they keep replacing them though and they still sound great. funny thing is guy at customer service says he hasent see or heard of this before....huh...[*-)]

• 10 years later...
On 2/16/2011 at 7:46 AM, jb5150 said:

i wish i woud of found this fourm 3 years ago... same cable problems[:(]. im going on my 6th replacment pair. they keep replacing them though and they still sound great. funny thing is guy at customer service says he hasent see or heard of this before....huh...[*-)]

sorry to bump an ollld thread, but these were good times.

i had great experiences with micron early on, but not as much as time had gone on.

one time they sent me my out-of-warranty R6i headphones back without asking me if i would pay for repair. i was not too thrilled about that.

on the plus side, i've gotten better with soldering so i fixed it on my own with probably a nicer connector.

1 minute ago, broly said:

sorry to bump an ollld thread, but these were good times.

i had great experiences with micron early on, but not as much as time had gone on.

one time they sent me my out-of-warranty R6i headphones back without asking me if i would pay for repair. i was not too thrilled about that.

on the plus side, i've gotten better with soldering so i fixed it on my own with probably a nicer connector.

That's what old threads are for.

Welcome back...

• Like 1

thanks.

currently my ProMedia Ultra 5.1 sub is being repaired. a little excited to have it back.

can't express how happy i am with the purchase. was quite expensive at the time (700 dollars plus tax in 2003).

repair was not cheap, but klipsch delivered big time on its PC products.

• Like 1