Circuit City Deals?

D-Rex

If anyone finds any Circuit City deals then post them here. Personally, I am looking for the best price on a laptop for my wife. Nothing elaborate, just your average laptop. Of course, I am up for any blu rays half off, Wii games, HDTV's or just about anything electronic! ;-)

Yeah, I certainly don't expect them to drop prices by 50% immediately. It took Linens and Things over a month to drop their prices to "liquidation" prices. But, if someone goes to Circuit City and notices a substantial decrease then I certainly want to know about it! When they make the drop, things might start going fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I made it to CC on Sunday... wasn't necesarily impressed with any of their sales yet. 30% off their blu rays put them just slightly cheaper than Walmart but I can still get them cheaper on EBAY.

Funny thing was, the place was packed and it seemed to me that the store was beginning to look pretty empty. I think those liquidators are cleaning up because I certainly wasn't seeing any great bargains!

I heard that they've gone through half of their $1.8B inventory already, and that's without really putting anything on sale. I went in to look at movies again Saturday, they were 25% off. Most of them looked like they had brand new tags on them, and were $35. So that brings them down to about $27. Thanks but no thanks.

Computer stuff is 10% off. Doesn't even come close to what you can get at other stores, which are still "going concerns."

The new TV I just got was on sale everywhere last week for $1999, Circuit had it marked at ~ $2200. Ridiculous. People are suckers.

Overall, though, even though the store was packed, most people I saw walking out were empty handed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, we had some people in Minnesota who purchased a shattered Plasma TV, and couldn't take it back. Even worse, they paid cash, so they can't dispute with their credit card company. They cashed their tax refund check and bought the TV. I don't know all the details, but I still think they could've probably gotten the same tv elsewhere for about the same price.