Has anyone compared the EV Aristocrat Speakers to the Heritage Line ???

Cut-Throat

I have seen this EV Aristocrat speaker and how it fits into corners, being compared to Khorns etc. - I was wondering if any forum members here have had extensive experience with this speaker and how it 'voices' compared to the speakers in the Heritage Line. IOW - what is it most like a Cornwall or La Scala or Heresey? - Or a completely differently animal?

I restored a set for my brother. Before I delivered them, I compared them to a Heresy, LaScala, Khorns, DIY Cornwalls.

To me, they rate in between a khorn and a cornwall. Better than a Heresey. If you compare to a corner loaded LaScala in a large room, than the LaScala will have an edge.

I restored a set for my brother. Before I delivered them, I compared them to a Heresy, LaScala, Khorns, DIY Cornwalls.

To me, they rate in between a khorn and a cornwall. Better than a Heresey. If you compare to a corner loaded LaScala in a large room, than the LaScala will have an edge.

Thanks for your reply !

Were the ones you restored a 2 Way or 3 Way ? Are you saying that you preferred them to a Cornwall?

I have seen this EV Aristocrat speaker and how it fits into corners, being compared to Khorns etc. - I was wondering if any forum members here have had extensive experience with this speaker and how it 'voices' compared to the speakers in the Heritage Line. IOW - what is it most like a Cornwall or La Scala or Heresey? - Or a completely differently animal?

I recently picked up an EV Aristocrat (one only-dam!) at a garage
sale. Didn't know what I got until I got it home and opened it up.
Wow! It is a three way with 12" woofer, mid horn and tweeter.
It sounds great, compared it to my Cornwalls and Altecs it has excellent mid
range and tight bass to about 40hz, and while I won't give up the big boys, the
Aristocrat is a very fine unit and has excellent corner reflection. Don't
know what the efficiency is, but would guess it is around 100 1w/1m. I am
in the market for another aristocrat, if anyone has a lead on one, let me know!

thanks JSP

"Were the ones you restored a 2 Way or 3 Way ? Are you saying that you preferred them to a Cornwall?"

They were 3-way.

"Are you saying that you preferred them to a Cornwall?"

Yes, they fit better in corners and have a bigger mid range horn.

I'm not sure what I had were Aristocrat or not. They look the same although it seems to me mine were not quite as tall. They had a co-axial tweeter on the 15" (?) woofer.

For a while I had them stacked as a center speaker between the Khorns. It looked really awesome. However the reality was they were not a good voicing match for the Khorns. They always sounded a bit muffled and tubby to me. Eventually I sold them.