Juicy Music going out of business

Macallan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see that coming. Major bummer. I hope he keeps building even if he is retiring.

http://www.juicymusicaudio.com/

Time to turn out the lights...

It has been a great 5 years, but it is time for me to retire. Being
a new year, and with the economy as sour as it is for discretionary
purchasing, this looks like a good time to wind down the production and
development of the JMA products.

I am going to continue to provide full and complete warranty support
for all the products out there, so there should be no concern for
anyone using the products now. I'm only stopping new production
of the product line. The web site will be here for ahwile, but I am
removing the PayPal purchase buttons on most items. (We still have a
demo Peach II, for example)

My Customers and Friends

Thank you for your continued support and many kindnesses over the
past 5 years. I wanted to create an old-fashioned cottage craft
business, and it worked out exactly that way...to perfection. I
certainly met an awful lot of great people, and made many new friends.

I am looking at the possibility of transferring the brand and designs
to someone who might be wanting to do this boutique audio business
going forward - we'll see what happens.

May you all have the best possible New Year!

Thanks Tiger---I appreciate the refinement you offered there! FWIW, I never intended to build a so-called business that would go forward in the usual fashion. What I designed was a nice "job" for myself after I had gotten out of the PC business. I called it an old fashioned "craft" or "cottage" business, and it was always only intended to be ME. Never had any employees. Well, ok, my wife did stuff quite a few boards - but for no pay! :-) I really enjoyed building amplifiers, and the absolute LAST thing I ever wanted to do again was manage employees, or in fact manage anything! I like the DOing part. (Not that employees are bad, I just simply hate managing.)

Aside from building out the remnant units (Tercels mostly) I have lots of "audio tinkering" planned. Ever since building "The Duke" I've got a real hankerin' to build some SS preamps as something new to learn. There's also a speaker project, my old HotRod Marantz, and.....Just for fun though. And just in case anyone didn't see this comment elsewhere, I WILL BE supporting all the units out there for the foreseeable future, and certainly through the warranty period.

Please keep us informed of your future projects. That sounds very cool.

Guest David H

Mark, enjoy your retirement, I really like your Peach preamp, I have not had the oportunity to try any of your other products. I was hoping to obtain a pair of PCats some day, maybe I still will. Thanks for a great product and excellent support.

I would really like to see Mark transfer his old-fashioned cottage craft business to a new owner who has the same vision, drive, high moral standards, design philosophies, and respect for JM's customers...to continue JuicyMusic in the same direction it has been going in for the past 5 years!

Any word as of yet on that front, Mark?

And just in case anyone didn't see this comment elsewhere, I WILL BE supporting all the units out there for the foreseeable future, and certainly through the warranty period.

I can attest to that, Mark is gonna make me happy with the Peach that is way out of warranty.

• Moderators

I am going to continue to provide full and complete warranty support for all the products out there, so there should be no concern for anyone using the products now. I'm only stopping new production of the product line. The web site will be here for ahwile, but I am removing the PayPal purchase buttons on most items. (We still have a demo Peach II, for example)

Why am I not surprised to see this quote in Mark's post on his website. With just about everyone else I would be freaking out if I saw "(insert the name of your favorite high-end audio equipment you recently purchased) going out of business." But with Mark I just knew he would stand behind his stuff. I have to figure out a way to get him to work with me on some AMP's. I am just really glad I got to business with a class guy with a class product.

Grasshopper if you get tired of the auto industry maybe I can work on the funding of a buyout of JM and you can take over the business.

Yo Craig, you better higher a helper dude.

It is funny, I watched the Majestic this weekend and if of course reminded me of Mark. I hope I can get back out that way soon one of these days.

Travis

I got the impression that Mark accomplished what he set out to do...how many of us can say that???...I too was surprised by the retirement and didn't immediately equate that with the closing of Juicy Music Audio...but I am happy for Mark and hope all the best for him in his retirement (which I believe will be trading one hobby for a slightly different direction hobby...a peek we got when he hot rodded the Duke)...as well as thanking him for the care and attention to my old BlueBerry Mk I...I don't think Mark lets anything go out of warranty...
Bill

The best music I've ever heard has come through Juicy Music preamps. It is also a pleasure to know Mark Deneen. It has been great fun on the forum to have a glimpse into Mark's work. I also have to say thanks for the kind hospitality and educational (for me) opinions and advise Mark has offered to the forum and personally on a number of occations. For me, I have to say he is most patient with the ignorant. In addition ot having a good time, I've learned alot about audio, too. Mark is a gentleman and a fabulous designer and engineer.

I've had some nice family time with my wife listening to music with JM gear.

Mark, congrats on your goals achieved. It sounds like it's been an enjoyable and satisfying season to you. I'm glad to celebrate that with you.

Most of what I know and what I use in my audio systems has had something to do with Mark, his knowledge, and generosity.

1. speaker system design and multi-amp concept.

2. Paragon preamp (now sold)

3. custom Dynaco-70 (still in use)

4. Blueberry X +Cream

5. Merlin

6. P-Cat (prototype) 6L6/KT66

7. open baffle explorations

8. coaching and consulting on several amp upgrades and scratch building.

Thanks buddy

Zeno

Mark - goodluck with your retirement.

Although I no longer own any Juicy Music gear, not a day goes by when I don't regret selling my Juicy Music Merlin.

(I have owned both the Merlin and the Blueberry --> Merlin was my favorite by a large margin).

Thanks for everything.

D