Rate all of Klipsch speakers from Best to Worst including every series

Batmans Robin

Very dyanamic, no doubt. How is the imaging with that set up?

It's very good. It's like the musicians are on the other side of the wall, which is an entire wall of sound. Greater depth of soundstage and ambience recovery than the Khorns or Lascals, probably because my voice coils are all lined up. G. Kennedy was here and he described it that way as well. He also decided right then and there he needed more bass for his LaScalas. LOL.

It's very good. It's like the musicians are on the other side of the wall, which is an entire wall of sound. Greater depth of soundstage and ambience recovery than the Khorns or Lascals, probably because my voice coils are all lined up. G. Kennedy was here and he described it that way as well. He also decided right then and there he needed more bass for his LaScalas. LOL.

Claude, when you say that the voice coils are lined up, do you mean the voice coils on the woofer, squawker and tweeter are aligned vertically? The soundstage must be incredible on your system.

Claude, when you say that the voice coils are lined up, do you mean the voice coils on the woofer, squawker and tweeter are aligned vertically? The soundstage must be incredible on your system.

Yes it is. 13.3 feet by 7 feet tall...........a solid wall of sound. There's a 2 foot gap behind the MWMs' to their respective corners, and all the voice coils for the Midbass, Mid, and Tweeters are jammed into the corner. I know it's not perfect relative to the real "acoustic origins" at a given frequency, but it's minimum phase 1st order networks, and the horns are progressively angled inward and downward to and in front of the sweet spot, so it's a heck of a lot closer than a K55 on a khorns, which is about 4 feet offset, stuck at a 45% angle, etc.........hence the GREAT soundstage of my setup

Plus the "normal" power usage is about 100 milliwatts, with maybe 2 watt peaks on music and 10 Watt peaks when stuff blows up in movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

When I have the time I am going to incorporate the new suggestions into a list.

Now thats funny, [Y]

I know you really really really like the batman and Robin thing but you really need to find a better pic, that is a sorry pic of him, there has to be better ?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a simple dude here....but I'll take My KLF-30's, or keep I should say. As far as the "best" goes, isn't it what pleases One's ears the most?

I've had the chance to listen to the Klipschorn's, LaScala's, Heresy's, RF-7's, RF-62's, 82's, RF-63's, and finally the RF-83's which I purchased.

Maybe it's because I've listened to the KLF-30's the longest that I've grown accustomed to them. Also had the KLF-20's, but sold. I preferred the bigger footprint of the 30's. Just My 2 cents.

Fred

Good topic with no answer, unless there's some way to arrange for hundreds of speakers to be listened to in the same room with the same equipment and even if that were possible, there will still be many different opinions based on what you like, but when it all comes down to it, that's all that matters. What you like.

• 10 years later...

Randomly happened upon this thread and have to say, reading through these posts was like watching an episode of kuwtk hahaha.

Safe to say this forum is better off nowadays than what it was back in the day. Did forum members back in 09 just not have manners?

3 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

Randomly happened upon this thread and have to say, reading through these posts was like watching an episode of kuwtk hahaha.

Safe to say this forum is better off nowadays than what it was back in the day. Did forum members back in 09 just not have manners?

Next best thing to Social Media. 

Don't think the internet in general has gotten any better.

BTW, Trolls are going to be Trolls.

5 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Next best thing to Social Media. 

Don't think the internet in general has gotten any better.

BTW, Trolls are going to be Trolls.

True true, trolls will be trolls and the internet might not have gotten any better, but this forum has. Joined myself early january this year. I've been fairly active, and haven't come across one single post or comment that had any whiff of malintent. Maybe I've just been lucky....

31 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

True true, trolls will be trolls and the internet might not have gotten any better, but this forum has. Joined myself early january this year. I've been fairly active, and haven't come across one single post or comment that had any whiff of malintent. Maybe I've just been lucky....

We're all just talking about you behind your back...  :emotion-14:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

I've been fairly active, and haven't come across one single post or comment that had any whiff of malintent.

Give it time, or hit just the right subject with  some wild ideas. :lol: No your right it's a little better....on most days. 

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

We're all just talking about you behind your back...  :emotion-14:

Now he knows, kind of takes the fun out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Consumer lines only:

Best

1. Jubilee preferrably bi-amped and EQd-- see Chris A's posts
  2. Klipschorn AK 4, AK5, (AK6?).
  3. La Scala II, III (II and III probably better?) or Belle Klipsch (all need a subwoofer -- in my room, below 60 Hz).  Consider a horn loaded subwoofer to preserve tight, clean bass.
  4. Forte III
  5. Heresy III, IV, probably IV is best, with a subwoofer
  6. Top of the Reference or Reference Premiere line.

Worst (but still good)

All have clear, low distortion midrange and treble, high dynamic range, sensitivity ranging from high to extremely high.

Those with horn loaded bass (Jubilee, Klipschorn, La Scala II and III, and Belle Klipsch) also have clean, low distortion bass.  There is nothing as clean in the bass as well designed horn loading. 

All could probably use some EQ, especially a slight midrange cut and some judicious bass boost.  In general, they are noted for clarity, openness, high dynamic range as well as good microdynamics, excellent brass and percussion.  They may not be as smooth ("flat") in frequency response as some (usually more expensive) "audiophile" speakers, but those same "audiophile" speakers sometimes sound veiled by comparison. 

Your own ears, in your own room, should be your final judge.  Listen with a great variety of program material.  Buy with a return privilege.

• Like 2