What matches best?

Singer2go

What used rear surrounds would be best to use to upgrade to a 7.1 setup? My current 5.1 setup is a Denon AVR-1909 receiver, KG 5.5 fronts, Academy center, RS-7 side surrounds, and 525W ED A5-350 sub (on order). Obviously another pair of RS-7s would work well. At the moment I can bu either RS-35s, RS-3iis, or RS-42s on ebay. What do you guys think would be the best match as I may be not be willing to wait for more RS-7s to become available. Does anyone here have RS-7s to sale?

Klipsch website has RS-35 has improved bass over the RS-3ii. How is that possible when it gives up 20hz. RS-42 shows more low end that the RS-52. How is that possible with dual 4"s as opposed to 5.25"s. Are specs mistyped. If the 42s go lower than the 52s I might buy them.

first off, how far are you from the back wall? if you are <4' then i would suggest a RB series. if you are >4' i would suggest a RS series. i just did this test in my living room and the RS-42 beat the RB-61 hands down in all areas. (i am only 30" from the back wall). some people say the RS series doesn't do the direst sound effects so well because it speads it out. with that speaker only a few feet away from me, it still sounds direct at that distance. i would agree if that same speaker was 5-6' away, then yes a direct sound effect would be spread out.

out of all those speakers i would suggest the RS-42 over all of them. Falcon20x has some rs-3II and he did the same test with RS-52's. he said he couldn't believe the difference, much more clear. don't worry how low the speakers go, you will most likely set the crossover at 80Hz. there is little to no difference between the rs-42 and 52. i had them both in my living room. the biggest difference is cost and physical size. the 42's sounded the same as the 52's during all demos. i would also like to add, they were not overpowered by my rf-7's. sounded very good all together.