Amp shut down

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The 2005 is the only thing hooked up to a switched outlet. The 12v trigger from the Stage One Controls the switched outlets which only the 2005 is connected to. THe StageOne is powered by my power conditioner, it is a non-switched outlet. So the Stage One and the 2005 are on different power supplies.

I'll give that a try, I know the stored up energy in the 2005 has to go somewhere when dissipating the energy I wasn't sure if it's suppose to make any sound. It's not loud and doesn't last but about 3 or 4 seconds. The Onkyo I had didn't do that but it also always had power to it. I thought having it on a switched outlet and shutting it down has something to do with the drainage sound.

I have my Aragon 2005 amp hooked up to a switch outlet (not sure if this is important) when I shut everything off at the end of the day the amp makes a draining sound that can be heard through the speakers is this normal with seperates?

Other Aragon owners may report in. Both of my Aragon 2007 amps made the same noise when shutting down, one louder than the other. I would eliminate the switch and power up and down as others have suggested. You should also protect the Stage One from power surges. Check the forums for different suggestions or contact Steve Phillips for a recommendation.

Frank

Thanks Frank, I have powered the amp down manually as others stated and the sound was gone. I have the Aragon 2005 hooked to the RPC 120 by mondial (not sure if it provides surge protection). the reason I don't have it hooked to the power conditioner is because when I watch movies or listen to music with the vollume up the power condtioner (APC h10) clips and goes into overload and shuts down.

I thought 1000VA would be enough for my devices but it's not so I had to put my sub and the amp on different power supplies to watch movies as my listening levels.

i think I spoke prematurely as the amp still makes powering down sounds when well... powering down even after waiting. How long should I wait? I've waited 5mins and 15 mins and still made the sound.

I don't think that you are going to be able to eliminate that sound. You could write Steve Phillips at Support and ask his opinion. As I said earlier, one of my 2007's was louder when shutting down but both made that draining noise.

Frank