Forte II Replacement Woofer

Willne1

This is my first post here and not a happy one...I just noticed today I have a blown woofer and doing some reading around here it looks like they don't have a K-25-K any more, Is this correct? I have read that the replacement is the K-25 Heresy...if that is the case would I be alright just replacing the one woofer or would that through off the ballance between the two speakers?

TIA

Willne1

they WERE subing the K-28-KP, which may, or may NOT still be true. My guess is that you "should" replace in pairs if you are a perfectionist. The good news, is that the K-25-K still has resale value either here or on eBay. K-25-Ks still show up on ebay once every blue moon. Sorry for your loss... hope you find a solution acceptable to your situation.

Thanks guys....I just got off the phone with William at the Klipsch parts dept. A very helpful guy I might add and ordered a replacement woofer model KP-28-E. That's the one he said replaces the Forte II and that I shouldn't hear a difference with my other woofer being original. The new one set me back $127.00. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Willne1

Just to follow up with you guys, I reveived my new woofer today and I'm not real happy comparing it to my old one. The magnet is only half as big as the original Forte woofer magnet, it just looks cheaper to me. I don't know to much about speaker design so maybe it doesn't matter. Do you guys have any experiance with this woofer KP-28_E? I haven't installed it yet for a listen.

Thanks

Willne1

Just to follow up with you guys, I reveived my new woofer today and I'm not real happy comparing it to my old one. The magnet is only half as big as the original Forte woofer magnet, it just looks cheaper to me. I don't know to much about speaker design so maybe it doesn't matter. Do you guys have any experiance with this woofer KP-28_E? I haven't installed it yet for a listen.

Install it. Listen. I have several pairs of the 28's. All work very well; one pair is in a pair of Forte's. They are well made; just different mechanical design.

I installed the woofer a couple of days ago. I'm happy to say that to my ears it sounds just as good as the original if not better. The magnet size isn't everything. The KP-28-E is a pro woofer used in there pro gear from what I was told. The design of the motor doesn't have to have as big of a magnet as the original. It ballances very well with my old woofer also so there is no need for me to change the good one. Now I got the upgradeitis and I'm thinking about upgrading the crossovers. [:)]