$159.00 CD? What am I missing

USNRET

I saw that as well. Must be smoking something. But.. for only 159.00.. YOU could be the first person to write a review!!!!! What a bargain.

To heck with it, I'm buying!

BTW Chris, here's a link to the XRCD you listened to at my place http://www.amazon.com/Give-Love-XRCD-Mighty-McClain/dp/B00004STMY

Here is the response from Amazon.com (You have to laugh)...............

Thank you for contacting Amazon.com.

I understand your concern regarding the price of the item "brothers in arms xrcd."

I see that it is available from the sellers. When Amazon.com is out of
stock on an item, Amazon Merchants and Marketplace sellers may still
have the item available for sale, at a price of their choosing.
If an
item has become rare or collectible, these sellers may decide on a
price that is significantly higher than the former Amazon.com price or
the original retail price.

I

If an item has become rare or collectible, these sellers may decide on a price that is significantly higher than the former Amazon.com price or the original retail price.

Perhaps I should clue these folks in, they are losing a ton of money. Maybe we'll get a cut.

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/75458

Please let them know.............It probably won't make any difference, but for me, I feel better after I voice my concerns to any company.

I also make a point of letting companies know when they have excellent service or a great product.............!

OK, here's my email to customer service under my account's name, the wife supports them quite a bit.

I was shopping on your site and found this CD for $159.00 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0013AZTR0/ref=sr_1_olp_21?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1232969322&sr=1-21

Your response when questioned by one of our group on the price was this:
quote: Thank you for contacting Amazon.com.

I understand your concern regarding the price of the item "brothers in arms xrcd."

I see that it is available from the sellers. When Amazon.com is out of stock on an item, Amazon Merchants and Marketplace sellers may still have the item available for sale, at a price of their choosing. If an item has become rare or collectible, these sellers may decide on a price that is significantly higher than the former Amazon.com price or the original retail price. End quote

I continued to shop at other sites and found it here http://www.musicdirect.com/product/75458 ,in stock for let's just say 'significantly less'; roughly on the order of 400% less. This is not a collector's item.

I have enjoyed shopping with Amazon and although at times the price is a little higher, I was comforted by your name and standards. I see I can no longer trust this brand.

Thank you for your time,
account name here

About a $120.00 if you buy it.

Neophyte! I'm having it delivered next day so I can get it up on epay for a handsome profit, that's the way rare items are ya know. Don't dis me, I'll sell it to a forum member for only $200 (plus shipping of course). You snooze, ya lose/

I would have thought the 'pimp' would have snagged it already.

First of all, I have several original lps of this Dire Straits I picked up for $1 apiece. Big fan of XRCD and own this one on cd, but the lp blows it away. Just my IMO. Try the XRCD pressings of Willie and Lobo sometime. A very fine format with hundreds of really good releases.t. Kills redbook, and to my ears, better than most SACD, DVD-A. IMO again.

If you maximize the pic of the CD to full screen you can just barely see the images of Elvis and Mother Teresa in the blue background. I just bought it. I am putting it on e bay to pay for a set of k horns and some tube Macs. Of course if anyone here wants first shot at it I will sell it for 10k- Min bid on E-bay will be 12. Cash and Paypal only. High end trades also considered.